Chapter 3

He slid underneath a wagon that had no coach (yet) as Racetrack yelled a "Come on!" to the other kids to follow Jack.

Two boys, one with a blue striped shirt, black tie, and brown vest with golden buttons with his hand on what was obviously the younger of the two as they walked towards the commotion.

"Yeah, take 'im!" one of the Newsies yelled to Jack.

"Cowboy, look out!" another yelled.

"Where'd Cowboy go?" one hollered.

"Hey, look, 'ere he is!"

"Where is he?"

Morris and Oscar came to stand on the carriage that Jack was sliding under before, the latter swinging from under the shade, kicking both boys in the face as he swings and knocking them both on the ground with a grunt, Morris' hat right below the carriage.

The Newsies' cheered and laughed, Jack swinging on the shade to move as the chef of the restaurant came out to look at all the commotion.

The two boys got up and leaned on the sacks on top of the wagon, looking at each other and then for Jack.

Jack ran right into the two walking boys from before, David and Les Jacobs, crashing into David.

David raised a hand in question. "What do you think you're doing?"

He's cute, Jack's brain supplied unhelpfully.

Kid Blink cheered from somewhere a, "Go, Jack!" as the other Newsies held back the two Delancey's.

"Get him!"

Jack looked at him, giving him a cocky grin before shouting, "Runnin'!" and took off.

Les stared after him like he just met his idol.

Oscar and Morris both ran into David to try to get to Jack, nearly knocking the boy down and the boy in the blue shirt put a hand where the boys hand hit him.

"It's a fine life carryin' the bannah through it all!"

"Thank you, thank you!" Jack said to the Newsies as he walked.

"A might fine life carryin' the bannah tough and tall!"

"Thank you, thank you, you're too kind!"

The boys patted him on the back until the Delancey's came back and knocked him down, Jack kicking them in the chests as he kicked himself up, throwing them into each other.

"See da headline! Newsies on a mission, kill the competition, sell the next addition!"

"Come on!"

"What a fine life carryin' da bannah!"

Jack put his arms around Oscar, similar to a backwards hug, and kept leering at Morris to do something as the Newsies cheered.

"It's a fine life!"

"Go get 'em, Cowboy!"

The last few newspapers slid down the ramp.

"Carryin' da bannah!"

"It's a fine life!"

"You've got 'em, Cowboy!"

Jack climbed up the gate to the distribution center, the Newsies cheering.

"Carryin' da bannah!"

"It's a fine life!"

"Go get 'em, Cowboy!"

Les pushed through the Newsies to see, a wooden sword in hand.

"Carryin' da bannah!"

"It's a fine life!"