Chapter 1: Fairy Tail *Rewritten*

A u t h o r ' s   N o t e :

THIS BOOK IS GOING THROUGH MAJOR EDITING!!! 

          This is my first published Fairy Tail Fan-Fiction >///< Every read, vote, and comment are appreciated! Please give me feedback about this story.

          "Beyond Our Elements" start when Natsu and the others are still little. As the story progresses, they will get older, and new members, such as Lucy, Juvia, Gajeel, and Wendy, will be added as well. I hope you enjoy.

D i s c l a i m e r :

          I don't own anything from Fairy Tail; credit goes to Mashima Hiro! If you ship NaLu, this book might not be suitable for you. I don't want you guys to murder me for writing this (It's not Natsu x Lisanna though) so back off if you're just here to complain! Edlyn and the plot are my own thing, so if you steal my idea, I'll somehow hunt you down and make you regret it ^^

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. 

                                        Chapter 1
                               -A Fateful Encounter- 

                      "I was raised by a dragon, too."

                                           ―――

        In the tranquil, frigid town, I shuffled through the heavy snow from street to street. I knew it was here, somewhere, although I never found it in the last couple of hours. As I've always known, I was horrible with directions.

        What was this place called, anyway? No, not Clover. Hargeon? Probably not. Or is it Oak Town? Where the heck is Magnolia?

        My hands were turning into a light shade of crimson. I cupped my mouth with those hands and exhaled, attempting to warm myself up. As I repeated the process, I left airy clouds behind.

        "Ouch!" I bumped into someone's back. "Excuse me."

        I looked up at the boy I bumped into. Beside him was a blue cat, standing on two feet. What the heck? 

        Impatiently, I drummed my foot on the bumpy concrete and waited for one of them to notice me. Sure, I was petite, shorter than average fifteen year old girls, but hey, size isn't everything. "Excuse me," I said again, this time, my voice cracking.

        The first to notice me was the boy. He was muscular and had pink, spiky hair. He was wearing a white scarf, with a scale-like design, similar to the bracelet I was wearing. I wondered if it was something important to him, because mine was. It was a gift from someone very important to me. If only she was still with me...

        "Oh. Sorry, were we in the way?"

        I looked away from my wrist and shrugged, shaking off my thoughts at the same time. "No, I just wanted to ask you something, if you don't mind."

        "Sure. What do you need?"

        "Well," I started. I nervously tapped my fingers on the black jeans I was wearing. "I'm looking for someone. She disappeared, without a trail. I've been searching for years, but..."

        "Hmm..." The cat levitated off the ground and moved toward me. A flying cat? At first, I was a bit shocked, but anything's possible here in Earthland, a world of magic. "What's that person's name?"