C h a p t e r 6 : E d o l a s

A u t h o r ' s   N o t e :  

          4K reads! Thank you everyone, for reading. Even if you didn't like it. Even if you didn't vote or comment. I am so thankful. It's the most reads I have ever gotten on Wattpad, not to mention I deleted all my other books and gave up on them. Please continue to read. Vote and comment if you feel like it. 

C h a p t e r   6 :   E d o l a s

The clearing is as silent as ever. Even the wind, the trees, the birds. It seems as if they’re trying not to interrupt me as I break the silence with words. Tough words. Harsh words. That are hard to swallow. It’s the only thing we can hear in the place, which makes it sound even worse.

“I killed my brother.”

The wind, the trees, the birds, and everything else around us suddenly make loud, unpleasant noises. It feels like they refuse to have me here.

My comrades’ eyes widen in surprise. Their eyes are glued on me. Feeling uncomfortable, I look away and close my eyes.

Juvia’s fingers reach my trembling shoulder. Her smooth, blue hair brushes my cheek as she speaks, “W-wha…what do you mean…?”

“In the world I came from, magic is forbidden. No one has magic in their bodies,” I explain.

Happy, Natsu, Gray and Juvia gasp in unison. Happy is the first to say, “E…Edolas…?”

I silently nod. “Yes, I came from Edolas.”

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Gray asks.

“I’m sorry…but… I didn’t want to talk about it. I don’t like to talk about my past… That’s why I never really did before.”

Juvia says softly, “That is true… I…we don’t know anything about her past besides the fact that she was raised by a dragon that disappeared in year X777, just like Igneel and the other dragons.”

“I knew I should’ve told you about my past before…but…maybe I should tell you everything now.”

“If you don’t feel like it…it’s fine.” Gray gives me a pat on the back.

Juvia’s face reddens. She squeals with her arms tightly wrapped around Gray’s stomach. “You’re so kind, Gray-sama! This is why I love you!”

Gray grimaces. His face turns into a dark shade of blue.

“Anyway,” Natsu starts. “So, why don’t you continue, Edlyn…?”

“…Sure,” I say. “I had a one year older brother named Natsu. He was always nice to me, no matter what. If I was bullied, he would pick me up and run home with me in his arms. If I was feeling lonely, he would play with me. If I was sad, he would hug me until I stopped crying. If I couldn’t fall asleep, he would tell a story until I fell asleep.”