Chapter 6

Arnav stood in front of AR Designs. His first baby. After five years he was back to the place where he started everything. His parent company. As soon as Arnav stepped inside the office, silence spread and all the staff stood up. Aman came running to him.

Few employees greeted him but he without acknowledging anything went to his cabin making all the employees realise that now the lion is back, they better pull their horses and get ready for the race. No mercy would be shown. Five years of bliss is finally over.

Entering inside his cabin, Arnav stood for a moment letting the feelings of coming back sink in. Then quickly got engrossed in his work. By the time, it was lunch, the whole office were working as if there was some sort of dagger kept on their necks. A few employees even had the opportunity to kiss their jobs goodbye forever. Aman felt as if he was standing on fire. Everyone saw him running around doing all sort of work.

Finally it was lunch break and every employee sighed in relief. Few minutes of relaxation. Arnav asked peon to get his and Aman's lunch to his cabin. He called Aman to have lunch with him so that both the friends could talk and also discuss some business matters. Aman readily agreed.

Few minutes later, Aman along with peon carrying food entered inside. After serving the food, peon left. Arnav and Aman started having food. Tasting the food, Arnav frowned.

"What the." Arnav asked frowning.

"What happened, ASR?" Aman asked confused.

"From where did you get this food? It doesn't taste like Khushi's food, neither it has any similarity with Khushi's food." Arnav asked confused.

"It's because it's not Khushi Bhabhi's food." Aman said understanding the matter.

"What? But why? Why are we having this food? Earlier we used to have her Dabba service food here, right. Then why are we having this food, now. I know Khushi runs a catering service now. But they also have dabba service right. Then why are we not getting food from there. Or Did she stopped Dabba service?" Arnav asked confused. In the morning Khushi had told him about catering service. He doesn't remember whether she told about Dabba service or not.

Aman sighed hearing his questions. He himself couldn't understand half of the things happening in this office. But he decided to say everything to ASR and come clear. Only ASR could do anything regarding all these.

"ASR, Khushi Bhabhi does have a dabba service even now. Truth to be told almost all the big small companies in this city gets food from her dabba service only. They have the most tastiest food. Even we used to get food from them only. But I don't know what happened. All of a sudden three years back, Akash took decision that we will have a canteen in our company itself and all the employees would eat from there only. I asked him about it. He told me that it's better if we provide food for employees ourselves so that we can cost from Batta that we give employees everyday for food. From then on we get food from canteen. We appointed few chefs and also increased the canteen area for food. But truth to be told the food that we get from canteen is so bad. Most of the time, there is complaints from employees but then nobody voice it out in fear of losing their jobs. I even told Akash about it few times but he just brushed the topic away." Aman said.

Arnav was lost in his thoughts. What's happening? Why Akash took such a decision. Agreed he did it to cut cost. But why this method. Anyways, employees were getting food from Khushi's dabba service only. The food and the money both are from our side only. We were not having any loss. At the end the money was going to our family only then why did he took such a step. He was not getting anything.

Arnav came out of this hearing Aman calling him. Aman asked him to have food. Nodding his head, Arnav started having food. Then his thoughts went to other things. He remembered what he noticed in Khushi's showroom in the morning. He decided to ask Aman about it.