Episode 2~

Do You Love Her Now~

Episode 2~

(This episode is set in the late 20th century – old New York)

(Season one shows flashbacks to the beginning of Ian and Diana’s relationship)

~>Flashback<~

(Diana enters local coffee house to meet up with a dear friend)

Giselle – Ughr, Finally! I thought you were going to be a no-show… again.

-Diana rolls her eyes fondly and smiles-

Diana – Oh let it go Gigi, it was one time!

Giselle – Whatever; So what are your plans this Saturday night? Say, around seven thirty-ish?

-Diana groans-

Diana – Why Gigi? What did you do now?

Giselle – Well… so there is this new intern at the office – so hot! He sort of looks like Robby Benson! He’s new in town, came all the way from California to look after his sick mother – isn’t that adorable! And get this, he’s-

Diana – Single? Yes, I guessed. That must be why you promised him a date with me this Saturday night.

-Giselle smiles sheepishly-

Giselle – C’mon Ana, you’re young, intelligent and beautiful! Any girl would kill to be you and every guy wants you. Why you are still single is beyond my understanding, but you need to put yourself out there! Put yourself on the market!

-Diana frowns-

Diana – I am putting myself on the market!

-Giselle rolls her eyes-

Giselle – Yes, because hiding your body in clothes that are three sizes too big for you and your face behind gigantic story books is spot-on to give the message of ‘single and available.’

Look Ana, I’m just trying to help! Go out with this guy on Saturday. You never know what may come out of it.

-Diana sighs-

Diana – Fine. One date. And then you’ve got to promise to stop setting me up with strangers.

-Giselle grins victoriously-

Giselle – No promises, my dear. So I shall be at your house around five to help you get ready? No arguments missy.

-Diana rolls her eyes yet again-

Diana – Then why do you even bother asking? Fine, I guess…

Giselle – Aw why the long face? I can promise you one thing – he’s definitely a looker.

Diana – Looks aren’t everything you know.

Giselle – Oh yeah, I forgot - Little Miss Sunshine and her moral values. Don’t worry chica, he’s a decent family kind of guy. It’s sad that the only family he has left is his mother – who is now sick. But I promise you, he’s a good guy.

Diana – Oh, I hope his mother gets well soon… this really is sad. I wish I could do something for them… Hey Gigi, do you think if we-

Giselle – Look Ana, I love you and all – but you have to accept the fact that sometimes you cannot solve every problem in the world. Just let it happen, okay?

Diana – But-

-Diana pauses as she glances at the time-

Diana – Oh shoot!  I’ve got to go! Break time is over… I’ll see you tomorrow?

Giselle – Count on it, babe! Meanwhile I’m going to go flirt with that sexy waiter in the back… See ya, chica!

-Diana mutters fondly whilst walking out the door-

Diana – You’ll never change, will you?

-She hears Giselle call out back-

 Giselle – Never!

-Diana is walking back towards Saint Peter’s elementary school when she suddenly collides with someone-

Diana – Oh shoot! I am so sorry!

Stranger – It’s alright, it was my fault as well.

Diana – But I’ve got my coffee spilt all over you… Oh dear, I’m such a klutz!

-The stranger chuckles lightly-

Stranger – It is alright, I insist. However if it gives you a piece of mind, you could walk me to the laundry place? I am new in town.

Diana – Oh yes, of course! Welcome to New York! I hope your opinion of my home is all positive?

Stranger – When I meet beautiful young woman such as yourself during my first week here, I can trust that to be true. Thank you Miss,?

Diana – Diana. Diana Harding. 

-The stranger smiles-

Stranger – A name as lovely as the woman herself, I see?

-Diana blushes modestly-

-The stranger chuckles-

Stranger – And I am Ian.

Ian Knightly.