(46)

jack ran to the diner after getting out of the bus. his leather jacket unzipped as it flew behind his back, his phone clutched in his hand as he ran.

jack didn't care if his phone fell, jack didn't care about looking both ways when crossing the street, jack didn't care about getting hit or honked at, he didn't care about any of it. all he cares about is her.

the girl that brought light to his world. the girl that made the smile that hasn't shown in years show. the girl who made his heart do flips when she giggled. the girl that texted him lyrics. the girl that told him to keep breathing. the girl that he calls baby. the girl that he calls his.

the street lights were shining bright, but jack didn't bother looking up at them. jack ran so fast he could feel his breath being taken away.

he stopped at the diner, yanking the door open as he saw elisa in the same clothes as when she left his apartment, ripped skinny jeans, white t-shirt and his favorite leather jacket that he had given to her to keep.

"baby."he breathed out as he walked towards her and she collapsed in his arms. jack gently caressed her head as she cried in his chest.

daisy the owner of their diner gave jack a look of worry. 'i'll be in the back' she mouthed to the boy. jack nodded.

"i-i'm so s-sorry i made y-you worry." elisa sobbed.

"that doesn't matter right now baby. what matters is that you're here, in my arms."he put his hand under her chin as she looked up at him.

his heart shattered.

"what's wrong baby?"he looked at her, eyes sparkling to the girl.

"i don't know." elisa answered. "i f-feel like a piece of shit."

jack sighed. "wh-?"

"will you leave me like the other girls you left?"elisa interrupted him.

"baby, why would you think i would do that?"jack said.

elisa shrugged, "i don't know. i don't want to think this way. i just want to be happy. with you."

they leaned their foreheads against eachothers as jack spoke, "i don't plan on leaving you. ever."

"really?"

"really."jack smiled. "as long as we're breathing and as long as we're here on earth, i will never stop loving you elisa banks."

"i think i really love you."

"i know i really love you."

[a/n]
enaly not be emo challenge: failed.