Chapter 12

"Lexa," Clarke's voice came out, just above a whisper as her finger tips traced down the center of Lexa's abdomen.
Lexa inhaled deeply. "Clarke," she opened her eyes. They were dark with desire, with need.

Blue met green and every question was answered. It was okay.

Both of them were burning for release and it was okay. It was okay to give into it. It was okay to let themselves be engulfed by it until their aching hunger was sated. It was safe. Safe, because they knew. They knew what the other thought and how they felt - what they wanted and needed. Something simple, something that left them free and something that calmed the beast within.

Lexa's right hand reached forward, her fingers slipping around the back of Clarke's neck and tangling lightly within her hair. Her grip was soft, but strong as she pulled Clarke to her, their lips..

Clarke's eyes snapped open as she bolted upright with her chest heaving. What the fuck? She knew what it was, she remembered it well. But, where the hell did it come from?

"Hey," Lincoln called lightly from the chair by the door. "You good?"
Clarke blinked and gave him a nod. "Where is everyone?"
"Bell and O went to see if they could find us some coffee," he answered. "Lexa's out in the hall, talking to her girl."
Clarke felt her eyes narrow slightly. "Cosita's here?"
Lincoln nodded and redirected his attention back to his book.

Not a moment later Bellamy and Octavia walked in carrying several cups of vending machine coffee. "Here we go," Bellamy said as he handed them out.
"You two are awesome," Clarke said as she quickly sipped hers.
Bellamy grinned widely. "We know," he quipped, shaking the dark locks from his forehead.
Clarke smiled and then turned her attention to Octavia. "Any word yet?"
Octavia shook her head. "Nothing."

Clarke sighed as she walked out into the hall. She knew that all of them were thinking the same thing. They just wanted Raven to wake up. Just wake up and be okay. Be okay and just crack that classic shit eating grin as she told them how foolish they'd been for worrying. Down the hall she could see Lexa and Costia talking, her feet carried her forward without much thought.

"Hey," Clarke said as she reached Lexa's side.
"Hi," Lexa replied as she motioned to Costia. "Clarke, this is Costia."
Clarke nodded politely, taking the sight of Costia in. Damn, she really was beautiful.
"Costia," Lexa said quickly and jerked her head, "Clarke."
A pleasant, but slick smile crept across Costia's face. "I've heard a lot about you," she said as she moved and looped her arm with Lexa's.
Something in Costia's voice instantly put Clarke on her guard. "Lexa," she said as she redirected her glance, "Bellamy and Octavia brought back some coffee from the vending machine, if you want some."
"Oh," Costia spoke up quickly. "I actually brought coffee. It's from the café around the corner," she said as she lifted a tray from the chair, revealing several cups of coffee. "I'm sure it's way better than that stuff," she held the tray out.
"I'm good," Clarke said as she held up her cup. "Thanks."
"Vending machine coffee?" Lexa asked, looking skeptical. Everyone knew how much Clarke enjoyed her coffee.
"I hardly think that qualifies as coffee," Costia smirked with a humored look in her eyes.
"Looks like coffee," Clarke shrugged as she took a sip. "Even tastes like coffee," It didn't really. Not at all. In fact, it was awful, absolutely awful.
Something flickered in Costia's eye. Something calculating and quick.

Fabulous. Yep, Clarke was sure. She did not trust this woman.

"Lexa! Clarke!" Abby's voice rang down the hall.
Clarke turned and saw her mother waving them back to the room. "It was nice meeting you, Costia," she said and gave Lexa's sleeve a light tug. "Coming?"
Lexa nodded and looked at Costia. "I'll text you," she placed a quick kiss on her lips. "Thank you, for the coffee."
"Of course," Costia smiled.