Chapter Eighty Three- The Guy I Hated To Love

Double update is coming, just wanted to get this chapter out before the double- A x

Chapter 83

A week later

Amy's POV

"Miss West, passing with flying colours as expected- I'm so proud of you" Mrs Everly smiles at me as she hands me two of my assignments back. A+ written on them both. I almost smiled.

"Thank you Mrs Everly" I look down at the papers in my hand but I can't seem to find any interest in reading the comments she had left. People started to leave after they got there assignments back and I was now one of the last to leave. Not that it mattered, I had nothing better to do.

"Have you thought anymore about my offer?" She raises a brow at me as she hands Jason, the guy next to me, his paper.

Stanford.

Stanford was the only thing I had on my mind at the minute.

The only thing keeping me sane, but I still had not decided. I needed to talk to my Mom, she would know what's best to do now. She's the only person I could talk to anyway.

"How long do I have to decide?" I ask her as I fold the papers up.

"To the end of this month dear" She says as she glances over at me, handing Amelia her paper. What? I thought I had longer to decide?

"But that's next Friday" I frown and she narrows her eyes at me in confusion. How was I going to make a decision by then when my life was so all over the place, with missing pieces too.

"Yes, is that a problem?" She frowns and I throw my bag over my shoulder standing up for my chair. I pull my denim skirt down, trying to get one of my last wears out of this summer outfit before winter hit. I was also trying to make myself feel normal too.

"What? Um- no no.. I have to go" I shake my head trying to get out the conversation as I rush away from my desk. I leave without another word grasping my books to my chest as I open the door closing my eyes taking a deep breath as I step out into the hallway.

I feel the air got knocked out of my chest as someone crashes into me knocking all my books to the floor including me. I groan as I hit the ground not even trying to catch myself.

"Oh shit- I'm sorry" An all to familiar voice rings through my ears for the first time in a week making my heart drop. I look up seeing the guy I hated to love couching over me picking up my books. I felt my heart literally fall out of my chest just seeing him. Well- what was left of it anyway.

I hadn't seen him for a week. I hadn't spoken to him, I hadn't heard from him- literally radio silence. Not that I wanted to. I looked up, his green eyes, that looked paler than usual, staring right back at my own grey ones. I just wanted to the ground to swallow me whole. All the feelings I had pushed a side were slowly starting to scream at me from the inside making my head and chest ache.

"Sorry.." he breathes out as we both realise we were staring. I look away from him grabbing my books from his hands as I push myself up off the ground quickly. He stands up without a word as I pull my skirt down adjusting it slightly as I try to avoid any eye contact with him. I look up at him for a second before quickly pushing past him, his shoulder hitting mine as I leave. I felt like I had seen a ghost. I needed to get away from him. I didn't even know he was still here. No one had told me anything. No one dare bring it up.

"Amy!" I hear him call from behind me, but I keep my head down picking up the pace as I walk through the busy hall trying to ignore him as much as I could. I wasn't about to talk to him right now. Not here at the least anyway.
"Hey-" I feel a tug on my arm stopping me abruptly causing me to spin around. My heart was beating out of my chest as I kept my eyes to the ground just staring at his shoes instead of him. Helped me feel nothing I guess.
"You dropped this" he says as he hands me bag. I left my bag? How the hell could I have forgotten that? I sigh as I take the bag from him, glancing up at him for a second before looking back at the bag. Without a word I spin back round throwing my bag over my shoulder before continuing to push through the crowd.