Chapter 3: Dark Times

Burn didn't know how long he was out, he knew one thing was for sure; He lost Emileigh and the rest of the girls again. He started to open his eyes, until he heard a voice speak above him.

"Never thought I'd see you again Hiroa."

When Burn fully opened his eyes, he saw a boy standing over him, but he could see he was wearing black and red as he had a helmet over his head covering his face. Despite the ringing in Burn's ears, He immediately recognized the voice as he jumped away from him.

When he looked around, he saw the whole area almost looked like desert. But what really took his attention, as all the old, dead, and worn out keyblades sticking out of the ground.

"How are you even alive after what happened to you?" He looked in front of himself, and the boy stood five feet away from him.

"I should be the one asking you that." Burn glared.

"You were always a hot-head when we met." He said as he shook his head. "But I figured you would wind up here in the first place."

"What do you want...Vanitas?" Burn growled.

"Can't an old friend say hello?" He smirked under his helmet.

"We were never friends." Burn glared. "You think just because I trusted you we were all buddy-buddy back then?"

"But you should be thanking me." He smirked. "If it weren't for me, you wouldn't be with your 'beloved' sister."

"..." Burn stayed silent as he took out Chaos Ripper.

"Of course, all you ever think about is protection." Vanitas said. "Have you ever thought once about what would happen to you? To your destiny?"

"I don't care about my destiny." Burn growled. "I don't even care if I die fighting with my friends. I only care about one thing other than protection: Family."

"Family...only coming around when they need something.." Vanitas muttered as he started to walk away.

"You don't know the first thing about family." Burn glared. "After all, you don't even have one."

Vanitas stopped walking as he turned around and faced Burn.

"Look who's talking." He smirked. Burn growled as he ran full speed at him as he tried to attack him with his keyblade, but Vanitas summoned Void Gear just in time to block it as they pushed each other back.

"So...if it's a fight you want, you're wish just came true!" Vanitas yelled as he and Burn both ran at each other, gripping their keyblades tightly in their hands.

*End of Music*

~ ~ ~

Mayonaka was standing on one of the roofs of the buildings in The World That Never Was as the wind gently flowed through her hair. She has been there for minutes, maybe hours trying to find Kurayami. She held her purple dagger tightly in her left hand as she was looking around.