chapter two- Run Alpha run!

As i opened the doors to the flower shop a cute bell rang to alert the storekeeper, who was in the back. i heard a lady faintly yell something like she'll be right here so i patiently waited by the counter.

"sorry! i was in the back working, seems like everyone needs flowers today! what can i do for you?" she smiled sweetly at me, her copper eyes shining like bright pennies. her chocolate curls cascaded down to her ribs and her olive skin shined, clear and not a single imperfection. i noticed her name tag said her name was Thalia, even her name was pretty!

"haha i guess it's a good thing!" i stretched out my hand and lightly shook hers," I'm Amara, I'm new in town and i was hoping for a job here" i smiled at her and she playfully squinted her eyes at me, then walked out from the counter and circled me, looking me up and down.

"hmmm... imma need you to fill out a few forms but other than that, you got the job! may i ask your last name Amara?"

"it's Rose" we both laughed at the irony and i quietly sat in a waiting chair in the corner and filled out the endless paperwork.

i've always loved flowers. my dad used to tell, when we actually would talk without me ending up with a bruised face, that my mother used to take me to flower fields and she'd make headbands for me out of them, she would press flowers in books, and she'd bring home a bouquet of yellow roses whenever she was in town. he'd tell me that every time id cry she'd pick up a yellow rose and place it in my hands, and every time id settle down. i missed hearing stories like that... as time passed father would tell me less and less about her, to the point where if i asked anymore id get the back of his hand as a response.

''okaaay, Thalia? i finished" i yelled to her since she had disappeared from the back store.

"Yay! ok welcome to Little Lillie's Flower Shop!" we both jumped around and laughed, i was really starting to like her... in a sisterly way, she was just so upbeat and energetic.

"ok i can't avoid the question any longer, so why are you a rogue? i can practically see the power emanating off you? feels like beta but why would anyone run from that?" i could tell she was a werewolf probably just a member she didn't seem to be a beta, defiantly not an Alpha.

"well... im from the black ember's, my father Chris Rose is alpha, and i was next in line but i couldn't do it, i just couldn't raise a pack that already hated me for no reason..." i put my head down in shame because i know how disrespectful i was to run, it was a coward thing to do.

"wooow, well hope you don't expect to be treated like that here, your in river stone territory now." she winked at me then paused for a second and then seemed to realize something," omg im sorry do you even have a place to stay?" i shook my head no and she seemed suddenly shocked but excited.

"SLEEPOVER OMG YAY! you are sleeping at my place okay! and we are going to be best friends forever! k?" i laughed and agreed, then she suffocated me in a bear hug... i've never hugged before, it's nice.

the rest of the day we got to know each other better, she lives alone above the flower shop because her parents passed when she was 18 in a car wreck. shes 22 now and shes been running the shop for 5 years. i would tell her bout my abuse and my awful 'broken puzzle' -ness. she'd always offer a shoulder to cry on and coo about how it will all be better now. she says she hasn't found a mate but shes eagerly waiting, and when i told her i dont want to find mine she laughed and said," honey you dont get to choose whether you love someone or not, when you meet him, everything changes" she got starry eyed and looked into the distant dreaming of her prince charming. "ok well we can talk later when we get to my place its right upstairs! imma need you to run the counter though" she explained how and what i do and then took off to the back.

not much had happened within the hour, people walked in i fetched their orders they payed and left. but even if some would say my job is boring, i already absolutely loved it. i was looking down at paperwork and happily keeping my hands busy when i i heard someone walk in. i didn't look up, to preoccupied with my work but still spoke," what can i get you?" i asked sweetly, i could tell he was on his phone so it didnt matter if i saw him or not.

"a dozen yellow roses please"

"THALIA a dozen yellow roses!" i yelled in her direction," you have good taste by the way" i heard him laugh and i breifly left to go get the flowers, still to distracted to look up i handed them to him and took his money, but he payed with a $100 bill... for $20 flowers? before i handed him his change he left the store, i ran out and darted after him. he was rather tall and i could see he had dark brown curly hair, he kept it short but it was still shaggy. i tapped on his shoulder and he turned around showing me his gorgeous green eyes, and dazzling smile.

"you uh- left... th-" i began to stutter, my heart raced i looked at him as he starred at me with a sudden intensity. my wolf was howling, beginning for me to shift, but i pushed her away.

"your her- your my mate" his eyes melted into a softer gaze as he dreamily took my hands," your absolutely stunning...i- i love you" he was starting to lean in to kiss me but i backed away.

"im sorry i have to go- sorry have a good day" i ran as fast as i could, but no matter how fast i was going, my wolf was willing me too go the other direction, into the strangers arms. you can't out run love, but you can outrun a stranger caught off guard. i ran towards the nearest forest area and once hidden my trees i shifted into my light blond colored wolf, she was stunning she had green eyes and long tangle free fur. i could feel his presence and he was getting closer every second, i looked up at a tall oak tree and immediately began climbing it. my dad used to tell me i was part squirrel the way i climb things so effortlessly.

"Amara, please come down, i need you down here with me!" the stranger must've seen my name tag but there was no way in hell i was ever coming down. i shifted back to my human, the only awkward part was that now i was naked...

"i don't care if we are mates! i don't want to fall in love, and you can't make me" my eyes started to get glassy and my vision blurred. i hated the thought of having to leave Thalia because of this nut case."i don't even know your name and you expect me to run away with you!" i tried my best to cover my exposed skin, because the stranger noticed i had changed. "im not coming with you so you may as well-" i lost my grip mid sentence and began to fall rapidly towards the earth, god damn gravity. instead of hitting the hard ground i felt his strong arms circle me in embrace, he looked down at me as i gazed up at him, vurnable and helpless. his eyes grew larger and shifted to a blueish color, signalling arousal. i realized i was still in fact, naked. i jumped out of his arms and ran to the tree his arm caught my waist before i even made it two steps.

"Let go! just leave me alone!" i screeched as he sat me on the ground and quickly took off his shirt, he handed it to me and i held it carefully analyzing whether to except or not. i could feel my eyes water, over anxiety and the stress that had already come with this boy. he had soon noticed my tears and slowly kneeled in front of me, he caressed my cheeks gently wiping away any tears.

"you know if you wanna stay naked, fine by me. but i think people might think your crazy." he chuckled and i actually giggled i quickly put the shirt on and stood up, i nodded at him as a thank you and before he could react i took off running," your gunna be difficult aren't you" he laughed as he effortlessly caught me in his arms. i ended up ramming into him and placed my hands on his strong chest, i could feel his toned body slowly press against mine as his arms squeezed me into an even tighter hug. his slow heart beat began to calm me down, if only a little. he shushed me as he smoothed my hair, saying soft things in my ear. i could feel his power, he was no beta, i knew now i was dealing with another alpha.