Swamp Adventures

"Welcome class, to Black Mud Swamp, and to

"Welcome class, to Black Mud Swamp, and to... to...AH-CHOO! R-r-right, as you can sneeze, I mean, as you can see, I'm slightly allergic to the sap from the Igglethord vine. Now, this is your first field exercise for the Magic of Nature." Professor Palladium stuttered out while Dhalia called out as Something flew at her" I'm in the wrong class, I'm from an urban realm." She complained "A well-rounded education is what Alfea is all about, Dhalia." Palladium stated "But a keekbug bit me! "She cried out again While showing everyone the bite "that {Just gross," I stage whispered to bloom causing her to giggle while dahlia glared at me "Ahh, keekbug?! Well the quicker we bit on with, ah, I mean get on with the exomite, I mean exercise- "Palladium stuttered out "For a nature professor he's squeamish, isn't he?" bloom questioned Stella who stood on her left "There's a word for that. It's like irony. Stella giggled out "Now, this field exercise is designed to test your natural ability to listen to the always present voice of nature. Each group must navigate through Black Mud Swamp and find the crystal clearing, and here's the catch, you may not use any magic. Only the Voice of Nature will be your guide, and remember, it's not enough to hear the voice, you must listen to it as well. Palladium stated our task for today before vanishing into thin air.

"No reason to stand around and gab, let's start looking." flora called out walking into the swamp "Ohh, this place is... EW! Something's crawling up my leg!" Stella cried clinging to my arm "What happened to 'Mud does such wonders for my complexion'?" l questioned my sister "Just so you know, these bubbles could indicate that we're standing on the back of a subterranean sludge slug. They're not friendly, but don't worry, I'll take care of it. A standby spell ought to do the trick." Tecan stated about to perform the spell" Tecna don't! We can't use our magic. We gotta listen to nature. Just use your senses." L called over to her "Smells like old socks. Or like a..." Stella trailed off "It's some kinda gas! Let's bounce!" Musa cried out diving behind a fallen tree "So, what is it?" Stella questions us as we all hide behind the tree "Let's find out!" Bloom states throwing a small log towards the bubbles "Get down everybody!" I Yell as the log hits the bubble and bursts it. A gas is released and turns the trees overhanging it into stone "It's Medusa Gas. That stuff would've turned us to stone." Flora tells us looking at the stone turned trees "I guess my information was incorrect." Tecna states looking down, upset that she was wrong "It's okay, Tecna. We just gotta be careful." I tell Tecan while patting her back "Talk about being Statuesque." Stella jokes looking at the trees causing is all to start laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somewhere in cloud Tower school for witches a trio of seniors are plotting "Ugh, we're finally out. Foul warp's class is totally lame." Stormy states tried as she collapses on to her bed in their dorm "Where's that stupid ogre? His text message said he'd be here." Darcy states looking around the dorm and see a lack of the yellow ogre in the room "I'm in here." Knut calls out from the wardrobe pulling her attention to it as she starts complaining to Icy "Can I come out now? My foot's asleep and I got an itch I can't scratch." Knut askes the trio from still inside the wardrobe "D, let him out." Icy tells her as she stares an image of the ring of solaria. "Huh? Ugh, he's rank!" the witch cries out as she opens the doors of the wardrobe wafting the air around her nose away "There's no ventilation in here." Knut tried to explain onto deaf ears "Why does he have to stay in there? He is stinking up my wardrobe." She states continues to complain to Icy as Stormy joins in "We have to hide him somewhere. What if the R.A. comes knocking?" she chimes in "If he doesn't do something about his O.B.O., the whole school will know he's here." Darcy tells them while glaring at the ogre in question "Just be a dear Knut and find a way to clean yourself so that we can-- ah, what?" Icy cried out as a duckling lands in her lap "That duck again." Stormy sneered looking at the small creature "Mommy, mommy." The duckling calls out to Icy "Why me?" the witch asks in frustration "At least ducks don't reek." Darcy states looking up from her nails to sneer at the ogre again "We must be careful ladies, we break enough rules as it is: skipping class, sneaking out, breaking into Alfea." Icy tells them "Yeah but, please, we do it for the greater evil." Stormy chimes in again "True. Now you, what's so urgent that you couldn't stick it in the text message? We have important things to do." Icy questions the ogre "Well, I was snooping around Red Fountain School, just like you told me, and I was hiding in a bathroom or was it a closet. Uhhh." Knut tells them losing track of his mind "Knut" Darcy all be snarls at the ogre to get him back on track "I heard someone say that a team of specialists were bringing my Hunting Troll to Magix today, and they were gonna give him to the authorities." Knut finally gets to the point "And do we care? NO! Tell me that's not your news cause if it is, GRRR!" Icy yells at the ogre as he cowers "Hold on though. What if the interrogation sorcerers get a hold of him and use a mind read spell? Even with his little pea-brain they'll find out about our plan." Stormy tells her sisters as she looks over at them "Point taken. In that case, we'll just have to stage a little jail break, free the troll and then get rid of the sorry beast, forever." Icy realizes what needs to be done as them begin to formulate a plan.