THE VOID SPEAR

The journey was truly grueling for days on end I trekked through tall dry grassland with nothing more but a sweltering sun as a companion and when I would sparsely happen upon a forest of small creek I would quickly be pushed onwards seeing as everyday I didn't have the spear was another day that I was increasingly vulnerable. On my journey I discovered an interesting ability that came with the void resonance, instead of simply sending out the small spheres I could produce larger ones and simply allow them to float around me. It provided an excellent defense and when I reabsorbed the orb I could temporarily increase my power drastically, it was almost like keeping adrenaline shots on hand allowing me to reach my peak abilities for a second before returning to my normal state.

Along my journey for the spear I encountered an increasingly large number of monsters on my way there, many of them resemble humans but their bodies were horribly wounded. it appeared as if their bodies had been minced by a wood chipped but were held together by a dark oozing energy which engulfed their body, I decided to call them shredders since along with their horrid appearance they possessed a large set black thorn like protrusions appearing from their elbow down to their hands allowing them to rip and tear through things as if they were tissue paper. They were nearly everywhere but by avoiding them was able to travel with little problem, finally after days on end I was at the spears location. it was a deep cave with groups of shredders milling around aimlessly like a pack of zombies, intrigued I wondered if the spear had something to do with what happened to these people but they were in my way so using a medium sized void resonance sphere I threw it towards the mouth of the cave and watched as all things around it simply disappeared while the shredders were turned to dust. The end result was a crater with a new circular indent near the mouth of the cave, pressing on with my journey I entered the cave walking down its cold abyss like tunnel until I came across a door adorned with bright obsidian skulls highlighted by torches which immediately lit aflame with an ominous glowing blue flame.

Seeing as it was a sort of dungeon I was actually excited since I had always wanted to go on an adventure as a small child so grabbing a torch off the caves damp walls I pushed open the door to the dungeon and stepped into the darkness with my surrounding illuminated only by my blue torch. I carefully traced the wall making my way slowly before I felt something graze my hand, originally brushing it off as a spider I soon began to feel faint hairs lightly brushing the back of my hand causing me to turn around and see a swarm of Kunies but they were different somehow. Their body were similar to the door as if they were covered in a soft malleable obsidian like substance that glinted off of my torch while their eyes produced a deep red mist as if they were boiling on the inside. soon enough I heard the screech of the one that had grazed my hand and immediately ran, I knew that these creatures were different and I knew that there was no point of trying to befriend them like I did with the last one so I ran as fast as I could through the cave practically flying but it was to no avail. Somehow the Kuines were able to crawl at such a speed that I might as well have been jogging but watching them crawl was disturbing.

The light chittering made by their exoskeletons hitting the cave walls along with the clicking of their sharp mandible which dripped a dark purple poison which sizzled along the cave floor. Knowing that even with dark resonance I couldn't get all of them I continued running until I encountered a gorge with only a rope bridge being what connected the enormous gap. Turning back I watched as they fell from the ceiling and began to crawl on top of another each trying to get a piece of me. I knew that if I tried to run across the bridge at full speed I would break it and fall, and if I were to go across it slowly the spiders would easily overwhelm me so instead I grabbed the nearest plank in the bridge and freed it from the ropes. Breaking it apart in strips in I began to line the ground setting them ablaze with the blue torch creating a nice fire strip and using some of the dry wispy grass I had gathered to make a campfire I threw it on the barrier increasing the fires height till it was over a foot tall. Taking the chance I crossed the bridge glancing back for only moments as I watched the spiders stop at first before the crawled on the ceiling rapidly approaching trying to ambush me. Finally getting to the other end I ran and ran until I were sure that I couldn't hear their horrendous clicking, but then I heard the faint clicks across the cave floor and turned raising my torch to see that there was a baby Kuine following me. It bared its fangs and mandible threateningly but I wasn't worried since I was sure that I could take one on by myself.