Chapter 21: Endgame

"Hey!" Cassidy cheered, walking up to the table with Eleven, who was smiling.

Eleven hugged Mike, and Cassidy approached Dustin. The two were a bit awkward. The entire high school gym was decorated with various decorations, mostly with balloons and streamers. The party didn't recognize the gym as where they had physical ed. Nancy was across the gym, talking and laughing with Steve serving punch.

Max was wearing a red dress with her hair sightly pulled back. She was also wearing converse with her dress, as that was the deal she made with Erin. Eleven was wearing a blue dress, wobbling with heels. She practiced walking in them many times before with Nancy Erin, and Cassidy. Every boy was wearing a tuxedo, Lucas and Will wearing a white one. Cassidy was wearing a purple dress, paired with black flats.

"Where's Erin?" Will turned to Dustin, assuming that that's who he was looking for.

"She had to go to the bathroom, but she's hurrying." Cassidy smiled.

"Okay." Dustin nodded, taking a deep breath.

"So," Max paused, smiling. "Who wants to dance?"

"I do!" Cassidy cheered, taking Dustin by the hand. Dustin looked back at the entrance, hoping to see Erin to save him.

Max and Lucas walked to the dance floor, hand in hand, Mike and Eleven doing the same. Will stayed back at the table, anxiously waiting for Erin to save him. After a couple minutes of dancing, Time After Time came on throughout the gym. Every student started slow dancing, as Erin eventually came out.

Erin was wearing a white dress, her hair pinned back although the rest of her hair fell down onto her back in loose curls. Joyce had done it, happily to do so. She enjoyed having a daughter for once. Dustin turned away from Cassidy to see her, smiling fondly. Cassidy adverted his eyes, putting her hands on his shoulders.

Erin sighed as she looked over at Dustin, before smiling and turning to Will. She sat down across from him at the table, smiling as she sat down.

"Hey," Will greeted. "Why aren't you dancing with Dustin?"

"We kinda broke up, I guess?" Erin shrugged. "I told him to go for Cassidy, and he kinda seemed sad, and then Cassidy asked him to this, and we haven't really talked."

"Talk to him." Will suggested.

"You talk to Mike first." Erin raised her eyebrows.

"Oh, I uh-"

"Will I know you're gay," Erin nodded. "I accidentally read your mind from time to time, and I hear the thoughts."

"You can't tell anyone!" Will desperately exclaimed.

"Why would I?" Erin raised her eyebrows.

"You're," Will paused. "Okay with it?"

"Yeah, I am," Erin smiled, standing up. "I'm gonna get some punch."

Will smiled as Erin began to walk towards Nancy and Steve who were now full on flirting. Cassidy and Dustin awkwardly danced across the gym, alongside Max and Lucas, Mike and Eleven.

"Dustin," Cassidy paused, Dustin changing his gaze back to her. "Go get her."

"What?" Dustin asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"You're in love with my twin sister, and I think," Cassidy paused. "I think I'm gonna be okay."

"You sure?" Dustin raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah," Cassidy playfully punched his shoulder. "Go get the girl."

Dustin nodded, backing away from Cassidy as she began to walk back to the table to greet Will. He approached Erin who was talking to Nancy and Steve. He tapped her shoulder, her turning around to see him.

"Do you wanna dance?" Dustin put out his hand.

"Aren't you with Cassidy?" Erin chuckled.

"She knows I like you, and not her." Dustin explained.

"Oh," Erin made an 'o' shake with her mouth. "But Cassidy-"

"Will you just shut up about her?" Dustin asked.

"Yeah but-"

Erin was cut off with Dustin kissing her, surprising her. She kissed him back, before the two separated. Erin smiled.

"Now will you dance with me?" Dustin asked. Erin smiled, grabbing his hand as he lead her out to the dance floor.

"Awe," Nancy smiled. "Young love."

"Kind of like us." Steve smiled, before spinning her. Her giggle filled the air before the two kissed.

Cassidy sighed as she sat down at the table, scooting in her chair. She looked around anxiously, reading Will's thoughts.

"You like Mike?" She whipped her head around to look at Will.

"You know?" Will asked concerned.

"Hey it's not my fault that I can mind read," Cassidy defended herself, pausing. "But if it makes you feel any better, I'm not judging. I kind of like girls."

Will giggled at this, adverting his attention back towards Mike and Eleven.

To be fair, they were a cute couple. Will didn't hate Eleven for being in love with Mike, he just envied her. The two were talking softly while slow dance, Eleven giggling from time to time. Max and Lucas were talking as well, this time Lucas was laughing as Max made the jokes.

--

Dustin and Erin entered the cabin laughing, as they were continuing a conversation. Erin looked around to see nobody around, not even Eleven or Cassidy.

"Hopper?" She asked, as she noticed the envelope on the table, picking it up as Erin was written on it.

She opened the letter, Dustin peering over her shoulder. The words turned blurry as she read them, shock appearing in her eyes. She looked back at Dustin with an excited face. The letter in front of her was an adoption certificate, more specifically, her adoption certificate. Cassidy's was attached as well.

She walked further into the cabin, to see Joyce and Hopper standing up from the table. She smiled, greeting them both

Author's note

No no, this isn't over. There is so much more i have planned. There's plot twists and turns, trust me. I have it all worked out. By worked out, I mean 2 to 3 more books.

(Link to third book: https://my.w.tt/NUlw4MvpQS )

Anyways, this is Lexi signing off until next time.