mute (TH)

It was a Marvel anniversary party and a lot of the bigger actors of the MCU were walking around and chatting. That's when they heard someone tapping on the microphone. up front stood Stan Lee. He wore a broad smile on his face as he spoke, "Thank you all so much for coming, and thank you to all of the actors who put so much time into bringing my characters to life. Tonight I wanted to give you a bit of a surprise . (Y/n) here is my Granddaughter and she composed something she thought you all wanted to hear."

          A young woman walked up on stage smiling. She caught the attention of every single man in the room, including Tom Hiddleston. Stan patted her in the shoulders and gestured to piano. She set down a binder full of music of onto the stand the stand and adjusted the seat. The lights were dimmed and a projector screen was brought up behind her. There was a small spot light pointed at her, making the jewels in her dress glimmer in the light. She was beautiful.

          She placed her hands on the piano ready to play. As she played the screen behind her started showing clips of the movie the themes represented. (This is the song i'm talking about)

          The crowd erupted in applause as she finished the piece. She stood up and walked to the awaiting arms of her grandfather at the front of the stage. "Thank you (y/n) for that wonderful piece. Now, would you like to say anything?" He asked looking at her with pride. She nodded her head and a woman walked up the stairs on to the stage and stood next to (y/n).

          Everyone was waiting too hear what she had to say, but then, she handed the microphone to the woman next to her. (y/n) began to make motions with her hands, which the crowd quickly recognized as sign language. The woman started to translate, " My name is (y/n) Lee, and as you might have already figured out. To answer the question many of you are probably thinking at this moment: no I am not deaf. I was born without vocal chords, making me mute. I started playing piano at a young age because I thought, if I couldn't communicate through words, music must be the next best thing. 

          "When grandpa Stan told me about this party, I asked if I could compose something to share, and he agreed. It's been a long time since I've been here in California and I think it's refreshing to return to my home. I want to thank you all for being such a wonderful audience, and wish you a wonderful evening. "

          (y/n) completed her speech, and the translator put the microphone back. Once again the crowd clapped and cheered, moved my the young woman's speech. She walked of the stage to go and sit back down at her table but she was stopped by many people who wanted to ask questions. The translator appeared behind her to help answer as many questions as they could. When the crowd finally dispersed, A tall, handsome man made his way over.

          Tom stopped in front of (y/n) and she gave him a small smile, looking up quite a bit just to make eye contact. She began to sign and the woman was ready to translate when he stopped her. "Its quite alright miss I understand sign language" he kindly said to the translator. She stopped and nodded her head, a bit relieved she could take a break.

          (Y/n) continued on with what she was saying "Hello there? Your Tom Hiddleston correct?" She asked. He nodded saying ( through words by the way you are 'speaking' sign and Tom is using words) "Yes hello there, I just had a small question to ask." He said.  "Go ahead" (y/n) replied "How long did it take you to compose that song? It seems like it would have taken a while but you said that you only started writing it after mr.Lee told you that he was going to hold this party? " he asked.

          (Y/n) smiled and replied " It didn't take me to long since I composed the theme songs for all of the marvel films! All I needed too do was shorten them then blend them all together ". Tom nodded his head in understanding. He then Proceeded to gesture towards a table asking her to sit with him. She delightfully complied, taking joy in speaking to someone who didn't need a translator.

          They sat down and sat in silence for a while. "So how long will you be staying here in California?" Tom ask out of curiosity. " Well, my flight back home to London is in a few days, so not too long. " Tom looked shocked at the fact that you lived in London. "Is your flight by any chance at 11:00 a.m in Tuesday with (insert airline)?" He asked . You nodded your head a bit curious at why he was asking. "Well then darling it seems that we have the same flight!" he stated.

           Am overjoyed smile spread across your face. You spent most of the night talking and dancing with the famed man until you were dragged away by a few friends who came along. When you arrived back to your hotel, you noticed a small note fall out of you jacket pocket. You picked it up and read that there was a phone number on it and in the other side were the words "text me some time. I would like to get to know you better -Tom" you smiled to your self and put the number on the nightstand, already exited to grow a relationship with Tom.