CHAPTER 3

Robin

2:45pm

Brooklyn, New York

"I have an attitude of gratitude for all the people who have encouraged me." Maya Angelou

"Do you think this is to revealing Robin?" Lena asked me smoothing out the red silk dress against her body checking herself out in the dressing room mirror

"It looks good on you." I simply said looking back down at the magazine I was reading.

I heard her smack her lips, "Red, you said that the last three dresses I tried on. Now can you please get your head out of the magazine and help me decide what I'm gonna wear to the party tonight." she had her hands on her hips waiting for my answer.

I rolled my eyes putting the magazine beside me, "Why are making such a big deal about this party Lele? What's so special about this party than all the other one's you been to?'' I questioned.

She shrugged turning her body back to the mirror, ''I don't know.. it's just that I really like Zeke and I wanna impress him tonight in front of his homies.'' she replied 

''If you want to impress him you don't have to do it with the clothes you wear. You should impress him by being yourself,'' I said,''your a good and fun person to be around. Hell you if you weren't in my life, it would be so boring.'' I stated

She smiled, ''Aww you mean that Red?''

I nodded, "Yeah. If I wasn't going to this party with you tonight, I'll probably be up all night painting and shit. Like you said, I need to get out the house more and have a lil fun.'' 

''I sure did say that. Ya know, if you start listening to me more you could be more adventurous and risk taking." she said taking her dress off putting on the clothes she had on earlier.

We walked out of the dressing room and she paid for her dress. We were walked out of the store making our way to the towards court to eat something before he head out to the party.

I found a booth and sat in it while Lena went to get some food from McDonald's.I went into my jean pocket and grabbed my lip gloss out and my compact mirror. I applied the clear gloss to my lips as Lena made her way towards me with a red tray in her hands.

"Why didn't you get any food?" Lena questioned unwrapping the foil from her burger taking a bite out of it.

"Wasn't hungry." I lied

She gave me a look, "Why you wellin Red? I know you are cuz your touching your earlobe." she stated pointing at my ear.

I let go of my ear placing my hand on the table, "Do you think I'm getting bigger? I'm thinking about going on a diet."

"Girl what are you talm bout?" she asked

"My thighs are getting bigger and I can barely fit into my favorite jeans and I'm staring to get more stretch marks than I usually had" I shrugged rubbing my hand up and down leg.