The Interview - Luke Hemmings

"So Luke, are you... okay?" the interviewer asked, genuine concern colouring her voice. Your brow furrowed as you waited for his answer, curiosity exploding in your mind.

You were currently 'backstage' of an interview, particular a 5sos interview. You're boyfriend, Luke Hemmings, and his band had been on tour for a whooping nine months, and you finally had gotten the chance to fly out and see him. You had organised the surprise with Ashton, and was practically bouncing in excitement at the prospect of being in Luke's arms again.

"W-what d'you mean?" Luke asked, his voice cracking slightly. The interviewer shifted uncomfortably, a nervous smile on her face.

"I mean, with your 'situation' with your girlfriend, (Y/N)," she explained, shifting in her seat slightly.

You listened intently to his answer, feeling almost scared for his reaction. "I-I, uh," he cleared his throat, his voice thick with emotion, "I just, really miss her. We talk every day on the phone but it's, it's just not the same. I miss holding her, and being able to see her, and I-I," his voiced cracked, and he covered his face with his hands, his shoulders shaking slightly. You immediately rushed into the room, throwing your arms around him.

"Luke, babe. Don't cry. Please. I'm here, it's okay," you whispered, sniffling softly as your voice wavered. You hated to see him cry. You watched as he removed his hands, revealing his puffy eyes and splotchy cheeks.

"(Y/N)?" he whispered, a large smile creeping onto his face. You nodded, giggling softly, "I'm here. I'm here."

He let out a loud laugh, standing up and throwing his arms around your waist, lifting you up and spinning you around. After a few moments, he set you down, leaning in to capture your lips with his, a large smile on both of your faces as you kissed. When you both pulled away, you glanced at the boys, all of them immediately standing up and running towards you, enveloping you in a massive group hug.

You laughed joyously, snuggling into Luke's chest as they squeezed you, each of them yelling about how happy they were that you were there.

After a few minutes, they all pulled away, skipping back to their spots on the couch. You sighed, beginning to pull away knowing that he had to finish his interview. Before you managed to completely untangle yourself from him, he tightened his grip on your waist, pulling you back to the couch and sitting you on his lap, your back against his chest.

You felt him rest his chin on your shoulder, his breath fanning against your ear. "Stay, please," he asked, wrapping his arms around your stomach.

You smiled, sensing the double meaning to his words as your cheeks burned. You sniffled once more and turned your head to kiss him on the cheek, moving your head to whisper into his ear, "Okay. I promise."