Poor S

"Where could he be?"Serena wondered.
She debated whether she should call him or just ignore it. But she couldn't just ignore anymore. She ignored the problems in her marriage, she ignored the couple counselors' advice, she could not ignore that her and dan would never be parents together. For years she had tried to forget, she tried to forget Dan cheating, she tried to ignore the phone calls to Dan from the girl he cheated with, but she couldn't. She was done. Done pretending. She did not know where Dan was. But it did not matter. She was leaving. For good. Until she heard the back door open. Shit! It was Dan.
"Hey Serena there's something I need to talk to you about" he said casually.
"Funny, there's something I need to talk to YOU about," she told him.
"Hey, is it cool if i crash here until Friday when my apartment finishes renovating," an ever so familiar voice said.
The girl Dan cheated with, the girl he had been talking to on the phone. She was here and Serena was not happy.
"I told you to wait in the car," Dan laughed.
"Well I just wanted to see Serena, I haven't seen her since-"
Serena interrupted,"I caught you two in my bed."
"Serena please..." Dan said.
"No Dan, you have no room to judge me, ever again," she said.
"Wow this is awkward," Our mystery girl thought.
Serena stomped into her room and started packing.
"It's totally fine if she stays, because I won't be, I want a divorce, I'm going back to New York," Serena choked out, sobbing.
Serena just wanted to get out, she did not want to pack. She grabbed the necessities and hurried out.
"SERENA," Dan called,"PLEASE SERENA."
"Serena," he whispered one last time.
"Dan... I can stay at a motel," the girl said.
"That's ridiculous, it's not you, we've been in a huge fight and it's for the best" Dan told her.
Serena was very upset yet Dan was almost relieved. Even the doctor knew that their long gone love was the reason they couldn't have a child. The couple counseling did not work. This was not the first time they had talked about divorce. It was a last resort. An absolute last resort. And frankly, Dan could not see any other options. He did not have any children that this would effect. He almost found it better to think that this marriage never happened. He was going to look into an annulment. 3 years of marriage and they could not do it anymore. They were 30 years old. They weren't 16 anymore. They wanted different things and Dan was convinced this was all for the best.
                                    ***
Serena was driving way over the speed limit. She had driven 30 minutes already and since the exit was 15 minutes away, she decided to slow down and call her best friend. She feared the voicemail box but instead...
"S?" Blair said confused,"Chuck... It's Serena!"
"Hey B, I really need to talk.." Serena said weeping.
"Serena what's wro... Henry! Celeste! CHUCK!" Blair yelled,"I'm sorry Serena, you have my full attention."
"Can I stay with you guys for a few days?" Serena asked.
"Well of course you can, but do you want to?" Blair laughed,"I have a 7 year old and a 2 year old and.."
"Actually that's just what I need, and I have nowhere else I could stay," Serena cried,"I need my best friend."
"Well how far away are you and then I promise I'll pop open my ben & jerry's cherry garcia and.."
"Actually,"Serena interrupted,"I was thinking something a bit stronger."
Blair declared,"Oh no Serena, I am a mother of two now and ice cream is as strong as I am willing to get."
Serena laughed,"Ice cream it is, I'll see you really soon, I'm really close."
"Henry! Celeste! Hands to ourselves!" Blair shouted.
"Well sounds like you're pretty busy, I'll see you soon B," Serena said.
"Love you S."
"Love you B."