Preface

My name is Lydia Martin.

From the time I was in my sophomore year of high school, I've been exposed to a world outside what most have been able to see, let alone understand

From the time I was in my sophomore year of high school, I've been exposed to a world outside what most have been able to see, let alone understand. Creatures of all shapes and sizes that I thought couldn't exist outside stories, movies or dreams/nightmares. Little did I suspect that I was actually among those things myself. Or that I could've guessed that several of those around me, people I've grown up with, would go on and turn into some of those things themselves. And that I would meet those who made exploring, interacting and even fighting against them the basis of their entire lives. Even that I would go on and end up marrying one who belongs to this world as well. The world of the Supernatural. It is from that world that this bestiary details.

I had come across another bestiary once. It was a record that was passed down by the now extinct Argent family of Hunters. However, this bestiary read more like an extermination guide to serve the hunter means for identifying and putting down anyone of supernatural origin. By its definition, a bestiary is supposed to be a collection of information of beasts and other animals, like a diary. So, I decided that there had to be one that could be read objectively by anyone. This bestiary will be written as I feel a bestiary should be. As a real and impartial collection of facts by one who has experienced each of these things first hand. Both the good aspects, and the bad. 

A/N: The first entry will be titled Wendigo. I have a few creature entries already prepared though haven't decided on when to upload them.