Monsters, Masks, and Men.

We loaded up the transports and departed from the town they called Vale. I stood in the back of the Gorgon, next to the Xeno and her friend. The hours went by slowly, the dust kicked up by the other transports formed a cloud of dirt with seemed to coat everything, the scent from the massive multi-fuel V12 engines filled the air, a testament to the might of the Imperium of Man and it's war machines. The Xeno stood near me, next to her human companion. I stared at her ears that sat atop her head. "I do not care what the others say, you are not a Xeno." I stated. The comment took the girl by complete surprise, "T-thanks," She stammered, "I-" "You are much worse than that. You are a mutant, an affront to humanity and the will of the God-Emperor." I spat. The girl next to her turned red with anger, "You Bastard!" "HOW DARE YOU!" The mutant's friend lunged at me with full fury, slamming me into the bulkhead of the Gorgon. "Don't ever talk to her like that!" She shouted. I drew my bayonet and engaged in a brief struggle. "Coco! Stop!" Shouted the mutant girl. The other Guardsmen were quick to react to "Coco's" attack. Two of my fellow soldiers lunged and body slammed her into the wall, as I quickly regained my footing and delivered a swift kick to her head, ending the struggle. The girl known as Coco slumped to the ground. "Coco!"The Xeno/Mutant girl rushed to her immediately, "Velvet?" The girl slumped on the ground asked weakly. "What is the meaning of this!?" Shouted the Commissar, "I told you! The Xenos are not to be harmed! You had direct orders not to harm them! Disobey again and I will have you all shot! Praise be to the Emperor!" He shouted. "Praise be to the Emperor!" Shouted the Platoon. The others released Coco, and fell back into rank. I looked to the officer in charge of the platoon, "Lieutenant? Why are we protecting them?" I asked. "Orders. Obey them, not question them." "Understood sir." I replied. "Coco?" Asked the bunny-eared girl, "Please say something!" "My head hurts." She groaned. "Oh thank the maidens!" She cried. Maidens? I was disgusted, the Mutant/Xeno was a Heretic as well. "Why do you pray to these lies? Has the God-Emperor not been merciful? Do you not give thanks every day for the gift which he has blessed upon you? Repent, heretical filth! And I may spare you." I kicked her in the stomach and aimed my lasgun straight for her head. Before I could make another move, I felt the cold muzzle of a laspistol pressed to the back of my head. "You had direct orders, you disobeyed them. If you do not comply, you will die for you disobedience, just as our ancestors did." Said the Lieutenant, thoroughly enraged. The bunny-eared Xeno's eyes were filled with terror, a Krieg soldier had been trying to just about to kill her, and now she might be forced to watch his brains be blown out from his skull. Neither option brought her any comfort. "W-wait! Please!" She begged, "There's no need for any of this! Please! I just want to go home with my friend! Back to Beacon!" Tears welled up in her eyes. My orders were to leave the natives alone. This time however, I would not obey. "Emperor. Give me strength. I beg for you forgiveness." I said aloud as I plunged the bayonet into her heart, I pierced her heart with my bayonet, her eyes widened in shock and horror as she tried to gurgle for help, or at least air. *CRACK* The shot from the Lieutenant's laspistol pierced my skull and I tumbled to the floor, landing face up. The Lieutenant stood over me, "Scum." He spat coldly. He raised the laspistol and fired.

 He raised the laspistol and fired