Chapter 2

« Shawn »

I was in complete shock and disbelief that Beyoncé's Instagram account was finally active again after so many years. She's been out the country for over a decade. Now she's back on Instagram. Thinking about her brought back so many memories. We dated from ninth grade all the way up until she went off to basic training in Fort Worth, Texas. Next thing I knew, she was off to Japan.

We put everything on the line for our relationship, but being that the military was her dream and I couldn't stop her from achieving that. Since she's gone be back on social media, I can't wait to see what she looks like.

Kanye and Meek must've noticed too because Ye sent me a screenshot of her blank feed to our group chat.

Veronica has been my girlfriend ever since Beyoncé left, after we called it off. The relationship wasn't steady all the time. We continuously broke up and got back together, but we've gotten older and matured a bit to where we could work things out.

We has 2 beautiful kids, a boy and a girl, named Vinnie, who is 7, Khloe, who is 5. We have one more on the way that we don't know the gender off yet as well. I'm praying it's a girl though.

This morning was my morning to get the both of them to school because Roni's five month doctors appointment is today at ten. Being that I came straight from the gym to take them to school, I had to go back home and shower. Roni and her family was gonna meet me there.

"Shawn, you can come on back." One of the female nurse said.

I followed her into the ultrasound room where Roni's mother and sisters were waiting. "Hey, how you doing, Mama?" I asked hugging her mother, Ms. Paige.

"I'm good, son, and you?"

"I'm great! How y'all doing?" I spoke to her sisters.

"Good!" They said.

I looked back at Veronica eating an ice cream cone. I chuckled, checking the time on my Rolex. "It's ten the morning fat girl."

"So." She smiled.

"So...you ain't eat no breakfast?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I was craving ice cream. Gimmie kiss." She demanded.

I leaned towards her, but instead of kissing her lips, I took a huge bite off her ice cream and ran out the door.

"STOP!" I heard her yell.

I chuckled, peaking my head back in the door. She was mean mugging the hell outta me while her Mama and sisters laughed.

"I'm sorry!"

"Leave!"

"Nope!" I pulled my chair beside her. Then I rubbed her belly slowly. "You look beautiful today."