Chapter 15

« Beyoncé »

"Beyoncé, it was really nice seeing you again! I'm really excited to get you in the office next week." Ms. Diana, the owner of the hospital and friend of my mother, said.

"Thank you for having me, Ms. Diana. I'm excited as well."

"I knew as soon as Nicki told me you were interested in working here that I would be getting you in here for a meeting soon. We're short on staff up front. So you can work up there with her and we can start patient training some time next week as well."

"Sounds great!" I told her. "Thank you!"

"No, thank you! You take care hun!"

"I will! You too!"

"Thank you!"

I left the hospital realizing it was time to pick Q up from school. He didn't have football practice today, which was good cause we're having some family dinner tonight with Shawn and I's family, let me tell you, Q takes longer than the average female to get ready.

I pulled up to the curb just as the kids were being released. He opened door in the back and got inside.

"Hey baby boy."

"Hey!" He said snapping his seatbelt.

"How was school?" I asked him, pulling off.

"Good!"

"Anything interesting happened today?"

"Nope, not really." He shook his head.

I nodded slowly coming to a red light. "So you wanna tell me why your Dad is planning this family dinner tonight?" I asked.

He shrugged, "I don't know!"

"Okay, well go home and take a shower and dress nice." I told him. "And I'mma need you to not run on colored people time cause I kinda wanna be there before we eat dinner. Not after. Thanks honey bun."

He laughed that goofy ass laugh like his father. I shook my head with a small grin on his face. 

« 6:53 PM »

"SHAWN QUINCY CARTER, ARE YOU READY?" I yelled from my bedroom.

"I'M BY THE DOOR." He yelled back.

Shocking.

I finally decided on something that fit comfortably because everything else felt snug and tight. I'm not sure why considering I just bought the stuff a couple weeks ago. I guess I've gained a little weight lately now that I look back on what I've been eating lately.

I texted Shawn and told him we would be a little late so he held it off until 7:30 PM. The dinner was located at La Tavola. By the time we had arrived, everyone else was pulling up.

"What is going on?" Nicki asked following me inside.

"I have no clue." I mumbled, walking inside to see me and Shawn's immediate family and friends.

I have no idea what's going here.

« Shawn »

Beyoncé and Quincy came in the private dinner room. My baby looked amazing as fuck.

Memories Back Then.  ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara