🐝Chapter Eight 🐝

The others look over at me and Millard, just as he kissed me again. We broke apart and walked towards them, hand in hand. “Um, what's going on with you two? I thought you were just best friends?” Hugh asked Millard and I. I giggled a bit and said “Millard asked me to be his girlfriend, back at our house.” Fiona smiled, and Olive and Claire both squealed. I then saw Jacob look at Emma and say “I told you so!” I couldn't help but laugh, as I went invisible, and saw Millard blushing like crazy. I became visible again, just so everyone could see me. “I'm hungry, Bronwyn!” Olive announced, causing Bronwyn to look at her and say, “don't worry, little magpie, we'll get you some food here soon.” I really hoped so. I was starving as well. Just as my stomach began to growl, and plane flew overhead. “Take cover!” Enoch yelled, grabbing my hand and pulling me along with him. We all ran under a fallen tree, and stayed there for a little while.
Once we were almost positive the planes were gone, we began to walk through the wood. “Hey! You kids over there! Come here.” Someone had called for us, and I looked right into his eyes. They were blankly white, signalling that this was indeed a gang of wights. We all ran and ran, until we lose them. It had grown quite dark, and the children were getting so sleepy, they couldn't keep their eyes open. “Could you read a story?” Claire had asked Bronwyn. “Yes, dear. Get comfy.” She replied and took The Tales of the Peculiar out of my backpack. We all got in comfortable positions, as she began reading about a magical peculiar giant, who turned into a statue. Everyone had fallen asleep, and wyn put the book back into my bag. I curled up with Millard, who was nice and warm, and fell asleep almost instantly.
We all woke up, and began to walk. Everyone was getting thirsty, so we went to go find some water to drink. We reached a huge lake, and all of a sudden Olive cried out, “it's him! It's the giant from the story!” Sure enough, there was an enormous statue at the bottom of the lake. Jacob jumped into the water and swam, beckoning us all to follow suit.
We ended up in another loop. Miss Wren's loop to be exact. I looked around for a little bit, and found no people in this loop. Miss Wren was not even here. I turned around at the sound of coughing. Claire was in Bronwyn's arms, crouching, and looking dreadfully ill. “Hello there.” I whirled around to see who said that, when all that was there was an odd looking dog, who was smoking a pipe, and wearing a hat.