5. Joker

Makurow took in the lay of the land, he stood in the middle of a huge ditch, and hills surround the entire land. The land was covered with grass, except where he stood. The ground below him was firm, and burnt.

Makurow stepped into the grass, his big feet push down the grass creating a path behind him. He held his sword to his side. He headed for the nearest hill. When he approached the top, a blight caught his eye. Zooming off into the distance. Makurow jogged towards it, he began to run when he noticed it was travelling faster away from him. Chasing a little ball of light, zipping around a tree, around a rock, through some grass splitting a path for Makurow to dash through.

He stumbled over some logs and over a hill. The orb had brought Makurow back to the ditch. Makurow stood and observed the orb. It crossed over where Makurow had previously made a path, and stopped in the middle, the spot where the ground was tough and the soil was burnt.

Makurow watched as it floated there calmly. Makurow slowly stepped forwards into the high grass, and instantly the orb let out a burst of wind, blowing back Makurow and flattening the grass. Makurow stumbled as he tried to gain his balance against the endless wind. The grass dissolve beneath his feet, and the ground burned. Fire engulfed him, not burning, but wrapping him up like a blanket. He hopelessly watched as rocks converge together, pulling from the ground and leveling everything around him. The rocks cover the ball of light and packed into a giant meteor, it spanned far enough for Makurow to touch it. When Makurow reached out for it, it flew above the ground higher and higher and higher.

The flames unwrap Makurow and he fell over. He crawled towards the centre point and rolled over to stare at the meteor travelling away from him. It became a small dot in the sky and Makurow stared at its beauty. Where is it going? he thought. The harmless, small ball turned into a giant scary boulder, then back to a small harmless dot in the sky. Makurow laid in disbelief, and now something didn't feel right, the dot seemed to become bigger again. its size began to grow at an alarming rate. it's coming back! Makurow quickly got up and dove away from the meteor crash, but he was too late, for the meteor had landed right on top of him.

Like a dream, Makurow awoke from a nightmare. Makurow was stuck deciding if that sighting was a vision or reality. Something startled Makurow and he stood up quickly, bumping his head on extruded stone, sending him back to the ground and rolling on the floor with his hand in his head.

"Sorry for that," Zip said prying Makurow's arms apart and brushing his fingers across Makurow's forehead, "You seem alright."

Makurow opened his eyes to see Zip with a giant gash on his cheek, "You don't." Makurow slowly sat up.

"Eh, you should have seen what I was fighting," Zip said putting a smile on his face.

"You got lucky." The Wonderer circled behind Zip. "Another second and you would have been dead."

"I did my best Wonder." Zip's voice deepened and his frustration ensured. "What was I supposed to do? We were caught off guard."

"We knew this was coming and we didn't prepare for it!"

"We seem fine if you ask me."

"Look at me!" The Wonderer yelled. Makurow slanted over to get a good look at Wonder. There was a giant, open wound stretching across his arm and an ominous aura exhausting from it. "Whatever happened is not fine. We don't know what will happen after this and if will happen the same to you."

Makurow looked down at his left leg where a hole was present. The holes in his chest had seemed to completely heal with no scars or marks where they last were. The others must have missed the hole in his leg—Makurow childishly covered it with his hand. The hole showed no sign of ominous aura, just like Zip's wound.