Chapter 4- A teary Reunion

The Potter Family somehow managed to get to the train an hour early. Lucky for them the train was already there and it was deserted. That meant that they could get the best compartments on the train and that they had plenty of time to sit and contemplate life.

Before long, the children we running around the train creating havoc. Thankfully Ron and Lavender were not late( for once in their lives).  In fact, they were rather early because Lavender had felt the need to be there on time since she basically planned the reunion. 

The train started to depart and the adults were about to take a nap until the compartment door swung open.

There stood a woman in a rather expensive dress with a child who looked like he was 10 or 11. This woman looked too familiar.

"Hermione?!?!?!?!?!" screeched all the adult in surprise

"Hermione???" echoed all the kids- they were all in great confusion on who this woman was because they were surprised by their parent's reaction to her.

Grinning sheepishly Hermione said," The one and only" With that a red blur came flying at her tackling her to the ground.

"We missed you, Hermione. Where did you go" Ginny said still hugging her

Ron then yelled" Oi, you can't keep her to your self Gin we haven't seen her in ten years either"

"Has it really been ten years?" Harry asked then sighing at the nods he got from the other adults  " We were best friends Hermione, why did you go, where did you go, did you not want to be around us anymore?"

"Of course not Harry" Hermione hurriedly reassured her friend" Things were complicated. I need some time to find my parents and we sort of just lost contact; I wish we hadn't but we did. I also need to get away from the place that just reminded me of the war"

Breaking Hermione's speech came to a voice" Hey mum, what am I supposed to do"

"Guys this is my son, Scorpius," Hermione said as she introduced him to her friends and their children

After everyone introduced themselves to Scorpius and the kids understood who Hermione was they all started to catch up on each other's lives. 

After the adults talked about their family, Lavender, who still possessed her gossip streak from Hogwarts asked rather rudely" Where is his father?"

Reprimanding his wife for her bluntness, Ron apologized to Hermione even though the same question was running through his mind the moment he saw the kid.

"Its alright Ron" Hermione said," He is on an important business trip and wasn't able to come to the reunion." This was the Malfoys had come up with to explain where their partner was in case they were asked.

The rest of the train ride was full of catching up with Hermione about the last 10 years of her life. Overall the train ride was rather ponderous.