•XVI•

"What are you doing?" You asked as you found Joon siting besides the concrete floor under a bridge over the Han River. He seemed to be deep in thought, which had troubled you a bit. 

"Hmm?" He asked, not once turning to meet your eyes. You felt an odd pang in your heart as you approached him. Something was wrong, but you were afraid to ask what it was. As you sat down besides him, Joon let out a deep sigh.

"I'm leaving... I'm leaving to America..." He let out an almost silent whisper as you felt your heart sink. Joon was everything to you, he was the only one you ever loved even at that young of an age. You had done everything together with him, he was your everything! You couldn't even imagine what it will be like living without him!

"Then I'm coming with you!" You spat as Joon widened his eyes. 

"No! It's too dangerous! You can't come with me! There's no way I can protect you and the last thing I want is for you to get hurt!" He shouted causing you to sink back down in fright. That was the first time he had talked back to you. He was always the innocent one you had protected, but now something in you was scared of him.

"I-I'm sorry..." He mumbled as he turned towards the river once more, deep in thought.  

"Why are you going?" You asked trying hard not to cry. 

"My family... It's all their fault..." He mumbled as he glanced down at his hands and the bracelet you had given him. The heart shaped jewel seemed to glisten in the light of the moon. He placed his index finger over it as he continued to ponder things unknown to you.

"How will I contact you? Joon, I'll miss you so much!" you couldn't hold it in anymore. Tears began to flow down freely from the corners of your eyes causing Joon to  pull you into his warm embrace. 

"Y/N, please don't cry! I'm not worth it! Just forget about me and live like a normal girl! Fall in love with a good guy and marry him and live happily ever after!" Joon whispered as he tried to hold in his tears.

"No... I'm only marrying you! I don't care what you say! You are going to be my husband and that's that! That bracelet is my promise to you!" You spat as you pushed him off of you. Joon widened his eyes in shock at what you had said.

"No... Please don't! The longer you stay by me the more you'll be in danger!" Joon mumbled as two pairs of footsteps approached the two of you. It was your mother and Joon's mother.

"Y/N, I've spoken to your mother about my son moving to America to be with his father. Here take this, this is his contact number" His mother stated as she offered you a slip of paper. 

"Why does he have to go? Mom, can't he stay with us? Can't I move over there with him?" You asked as more tears flowed down from your eyes to your swollen cheeks. 

"Honey, there's a lot of things going on... It's best if you stay here..." She whispered as she glanced towards Joon and his mother in sadness. If you weren't mistaken, you could have sworn her eyes were red and swollen. Just what was going on?

🔫🔫

You snapped out of your daze and kicked Jungkook at the place every man was weak at. He groaned in pain as he fell on his knees. You took that opportunity to run towards the elevator and hopefully find refuge with the Korean consulate in France. 

"Going somewhere?" You heard Jungkook state in a sinister tone as he grabbed your hand and pushed you into the elevator. "Are you that excited for our first night in our honeymoon? If I'd have known sooner I wouldn't have even come here. I would have ordered food for us back at our hotel so we wouldn't waste any time.