Pain

Okay, I couldn't resist writing some JamesxClem or Jamesentine as dubbed by the Tumblr community😄

Of course, Gabentine is still OTP and James existing won't change anything for my other stories.

James is still a precious babe though❤️

Hope you all enjoy this two-shot!

P.S. I actually like Louis but I kind of made him the teasing wingman in this story😂

Clem's POV

I let a sigh of relief leave my being as I help untie Louis. Thank god they were are safe; Louis, Omar, Aasim, everyone that was taken from us during our last encounter with Lilly. "Looks like that was the last of Lilly's troops" Violet says as she approaches Louis and I, bow slung across her torso. Louis stands, rubbing the back of his neck with a pained expression. "What took you guys so damn long?" he complained.

Violet rolled her eyes, hips gestures towards me. "Clem here wanted to pick up her boyfriend, so, we went around, looking for him". "He's not my boyfriend" I snapped with a bitter tone, to which Violet chuckled. "Relax Clem, I'm just teasing you. But seriously, I can't believe you convince Walker Boy over there to help us" Vi pointed to the young man standing next to AJ, off in the distance.

I glanced over my shoulder and couldn't help but smile at the sight of AJ pretending to be big and tough, flexing his tiny arms in front of the young man. Louis watched them for a few moments before saying, "So that's James; the 'Boy from the Woods'?". I nodded and heard Louis stand, "Yo! James!" my eyes grow wide as I see James turn to us.

He was still wearing his Walker mask so his expression was hard to make out. He and AJ walked up to us, "Yes?" James said in his normal low tone. Louis stares at James, a slight disgusted look present on his face. "Dude, I can't take you seriously with that mask on. Think you could take it off?", James paused, considering the option but shook his head. "I won't. Sorry" was all he said. James glanced at me, eyes displaying some sort of uneasiness.

Before Louis could say anything, I jumped in. "Let's just get the bodies burned and the survivors tied up" I ordered before making my way to the bodies of both Walker and human. Most of Lilly's men were either killed or wounded during the shootout; the rest were knocked out by Violet and myself. Lilly had turned tail and ran when she realized the battle was lost. "Some leader" I scoffed under my breath. But I knew deep down her real reason for fleeing was because she couldn't kill kids, and she sure as hell still had a soft spot for me.

After we cleaned up the dead and tied the survivors up in the cellar of their base, we departed. Violet and Louis took lead with Rose and Aasim following close behind. Everyone had some sort of wound from the fight. Hell, I even had a few bullets graze me. But somehow, we all made it out. I check behind me and see James and AJ talking about something. Curious, I let myself slow down a bit to catch them. "Can you teach me how to throw a rock like you do?" AJ asked eagerly, a gleam in his eyes.

I chuckle, happy to see my little goofball excited about something. "Sure. If Clem is okay with it" James states, eyes meeting mine. I glance at both of them, James with his unreadable demeanor, and AJ with his pleading eyes. I knew that AJ wanted to know how to throw a rock to attract the attention of a herd, to guide them in certain directions and used them as potential weapons. I remembered that was our saving grace; James sending the herd towards the fight.

'I never did thank him. Walkers mean something to him, and he hates seeing senseless killing, so for him to just...Why did he do it?" I wondered to myself. The reason why James wore that mask that made him look like that chainsaw guy from that one horror movie was because of the group he left; The Whisperers. They were a group that specialized in blending in with any herd, able to divert them instead of killing and sometimes, use them as weapons in their wars. Though I was still a bit cautious of James, AJ seemed to have taken a real liking to him and a part of me did in fact trust him. Even if he's a weird dork.