Chapter 25

Recap: Embry got in the car and turned his car on before pulling out of the driveway as I turned to my aunt. "Come on Violet, we have some reservations at a restaurant waiting for us." My aunt said and I nodded at that before following her outside.

The place my aunt had reservations at was about a thirty minute drive. And it wasn't Petals either. The place she got reservations at was a placed called The Vine. An Italian restaurant with the parking lot bustling full of people as my aunt and I stepped out.

I closed the door of the silver primus as my aunt smiled at the sight before her. The Vine gave off it's name vibes. With a décor covered in vines and a jungle looking scene. "Come on Violet." My aunt said and I followed after her and inside we went. She held the door opened for me as we went into line. With all of these people around I felt the anxiety kick back in and I rubbed my wrists nervously before we were at the cashier and my aunt sent off that charming smile that said I'm rich. Don't mess with me.

"Reservations for June McKenna." My aunt said and the woman at the cash register nodded before a waiter brought us to the table and we took a seat. "What may I get you ladies?" She asked with a smile. "I'll has lemon infused sparkling water." My aunt said setting her big bulky red leather purse down on the seat next to her. "Sweet tea." I said rubbing my arms and the woman nodded as she set the menus down in front of us before disappearing to go get our drinks while I opened up the menu.

"I didn't expect you to be getting a boyfriend anytime soon." My aunt noted. "It just happened. . . Embry is a very sweet, and I like him a lot." I told my aunt who nodded at that. "He seems like a nice guy." My aunt said. Which was lots of praise coming from my aunt. She typically didn't care for people that I hung out with. She never cared, and if anything she discouraged me from befriending people, yet she didn't seem to mind Embry all that much. Maybe it was the charm that Embry presented so well and that I enjoyed of course.

His charm was attractive and suited him well and I liked that. Embry was a good person and I was glad that he was my boyfriend. Very glad. Not long after the waiter came with our drinks and I was happy to drink the sweet tea. "I heard about the hospital bill." My aunt said and I bit my lip. "A dog attack?" My aunt asked. "Wolf attack, I got attacked by a wolf on the way back from college." I told my aunt. "I knew I should of bought you a car." My aunt said.

"Aunt June, it's fine. I'm alive." I told her. My aunt was protective of me since she brought me up here considering what happened down south. "Your fine?" My aunt asked. "Yes, I got stitches, working well in college. I'll be adopting my dog here soon as well." I told my aunt. And I left out the part that Onyx was a wolf hybrid. She would no doubt freak out considering the fact that I was attacked by a wolf. My aunt was quick to freak out. No doubt believing Onyx would maul me in the same way.

"The apartment payment, I left the money for the landlord." My aunt said. "Speaking of that aunt. A good friend of mine from college, she lives with these girls and she invited me to come live with her. It'll be cheaper and a more effective way to live." I told my aunt. "Any bills to pay there?" My aunt asked. "I don't know, but I can talk with her. I've been thinking about it aunt June. I don't like living alone and eventually I'm going to have to get over all of that and be able to sleep with someone in the same house." I told my aunt.

Embry was a different case, something about him told me to trust him so I did. But the rest were different. And I needed to be able to overcome my fear after that event. "If that's what you need to do Violet, you have my full support. And I have news for you." My aunt said and I nodded at that. "I set up a trust fund with you. When you graduate college you'll have access to about 25,000 dollars." My aunt said and my jaw dropped at that. It was a lot of money to me. Maybe not most.