Chapter Five: Dinner with the Goldsteins

"Take a right here

"Take a right here." Miss Goldstein instructed as she and daddy were on either side of Mr. Kowalski, helping him walk down the street while I held onto the case with one hand and daddy's hand with the other. We heard Mr. Kowalski groan out again, seeing that the bite of his neck was only getting worse. We were about to enter an apartment building before she stopped and looked at us worriedly. "Okay, before we go in, I'm not supposed to have men or kids on the premises."

"In that case, Mr. Kowalski, Emma, and I can seek accommodations-" Daddy was about to leave with Mr. Kowalski and I before Miss Goldstein tugged us all along inside the building.

"Oh no you don't!" She grumbled. All of us eventually entered the building and were walking silently up the stairs. I didn't like being quiet, but I knew that if we were loud, we would get Miss Goldstein in serious trouble.

"That you, Tina?" A woman called from below the stairs.

We all stopped in fear before daddy looked down at him, putting his finger to his lips as if to tell me to be quiet. I nodded and returned the gesture to him. "Yes, Mrs. Esposito!" Miss Goldstein called back.

"Are you alone?"

"I'm always alone, Mrs. Esposito." And once the conversation ended, we continued our journey upstairs.

"Jokes on her, you're not alone." I whispered to Miss Goldstein with a light giggle. Miss Goldstein gave me a small smile before shushing me again. It wasn't long until we made it to the room where Miss Goldstein lived. It looked neatly made and was kept clean, it even smelled like lavender inside. I saw an iron working away by itself and a clotheshorse revolving it's legs around a fire, drying all sorts of clothes.

"Teenie, you brought friends home." We all looked over to see a woman with short blonde curly hair and wearing a pink nightgown stood by the kitchen doorway and smiled at us.

"Gentleman, Emma, this is my sister." Miss Goldstein introduced.

"Hi!" I waved to the other Miss Goldstein.

"Hello there, sweetie." The other Miss Goldstein said and waved to me right back.

"You wanna put something on, Queenie?" Miss Goldstein asked.

"Oh, sure." The other Miss Goldstein said and took out her wand, waving it by a dummy that held a blue dress as it magically slipped onto her body. I saw Mr. Kowalski look up at her in wonder, but I didn't know why, "So, who are they?"

"This is Mr. Scamander. He's committed a serious infraction of the National Statute of Secrecy." Miss Goldstein explained, tidying up her already clean apartment.

"He's a criminal?" The other Miss Goldstein asked impressed.

"And that's his daughter, Emma."

"Emma? Well, isn't that just the most loveliest name for the most loveliest girl I've ever seen!" The other Miss Goldstein ran to me and held out her hand, "Please, call me Queenie."