Chapter Eleven: The Calm Before the Storm

After about what seemed like hours, I had finally woken up

After about what seemed like hours, I had finally woken up. I sat up from my bed and rubbed my eyes, groaning as I stretched my arms out. I then stood up and saw that Harry was laying on the floor. I leaned down and picked him up. "What are you doing down here, Harry?" I asked and gave him a big hug.

I looked around before walking outside, looking around at all the different habitats. "Daddy!" I called, wanting to make sure that daddy was here. When I didn't get a reply back, I figured that he and the others were still looking for Dougel. I decided to walk around all the different habitats, petting all of my animal siblings and making sure they were okay. But then I came across to where the Obscurus was. I bit my lip before walking into its habitat. When I did, it continued to swirl around in its small but protective bubble. I remembered the story of how daddy found this. It was a few years before he found me in Egypt. He had found one inside a little girl in Africa, who had suppressed her magic for too long. He managed to separate it from her to try and save her, but she then died a few seconds later.

I then wondered whether I would turn into an Obscurus or not.. Or if I was even a witch or a Squib. I hadn't had any spots of magic or random instances of magic, but daddy told me that sometimes they don't show until a year before you turn eleven. So there was still hope for me.

"Emma! Emma, my dear!" I heard daddy's voice call to me.

I gasped and instantly ran out of the Obscurus' habitat and back into the shack, seeing daddy coming down the ladder while holding Dougel in his arms. "Daddy, you're back! And you found Dougel!"

"Yes we did. And we found an escaped Occamy as well. It turns out that I had miscounted on how many were missing." Daddy said with a small laugh before Jacob, Queenie, and Tina joined us down.

"Well, we should get them all back into their homes, shall we?" I said and held daddy's hand, "Come on, everyone! There's a whole world in here!"

"What does she mean by that?" Queenie asked confused.

"Trust me. You're gonna wanna see this." Jacob told her with a grin.

As Jacob, Queenie, and Tina all lead the Occamy and Dougel to their homes, daddy was telling me what had happened at a place called the "Blind Pig" and at a department store. "Wait, wait, you were gonna sell Pickett?!" I exclaimed angrily.

Pickett was already on daddy's shoulder and was making a bunch of squeaking noises, obviously angry at what he went through. 

"No, no. I would've never had let him take Pickett. I would rather chop my own hand off than get rid of him." He replied with a sigh.

"I believe you, daddy, but I think you're going to have to convince Pickett that." I said before taking Pickett off of daddy's shoulder and holding him in my hand. "Come on, Pickett, you can't stay mad at daddy forever. Come on, please give me a smile. For your favorite big sister?"