Chapter One: A Cool Beginning (Ash's POV)

In a small town in the Kanto region, a teenager is busy packing his bags to move to the Mepuru Region to live with a family to persue his dreams of becoming an NHL superstar.

"OK let's see here, bedding check, phone check, 3DS and games check, toiletries check, clothes not check," Ash says while running over to his dresser to pick out the appropriate clothing.

After doing this he sprints down the stairs, where his mother, Delia was waiting. "Ok Ash I guess this is goodbye for a while" his mother says while trying to hold back tears.

"Don't cry mom, I'll always keep in touch with you and we can video chat every once and a while," Ash says hugging his mom goodbye.

"Don't forget to change your underwear everyday sweetie" Delia says.

"MOM!" Ash yells, red with embarrassment while walking out the door.

2 Hours Later:

"Hello Mepuru region!" Ash yells while exiting the plane. Minutes later Ash finds himself in the main lobby of the Mepuru International Airport.

"Let's see, I'm looking for a man and a woman holding a sign that says my name on it" Ash says in his head as he walks around the lobby aimlessly. As Ash is looking for his temporary family, he bumps in to a boy about his age. He has spiky mahogany hair and is wearing a black t-shirt and purple cargo pants.

"Hey watch it!" The spiky haired boy yells.

"Sorry man. I'm looking for a family who will be looking after me while I'm here in Mepuru" Ash responds apologizing.

"Does this family happen to have the last name Oak?" The boy asks.

"Yeah" Ash says.

"Well you're in luck because I happen to be their son" He replies.

"NO WAY!" Ash shouts, attracting stares from other people in the airport.

"Yes way. The names Gary, Gary Motherfucking Oak" The brunette states dramatically.

"There's no way that's your real name" Ash responds laughing.

"You're right. My names just Gary Oak. The Motherfucking part is an inside joke you won't get it until later" Gary says while smiling.

"Ok then. Where are your parents?" Ash asks impatiently.

"They're waiting in the parking lot. Here, I'll take your luggage and you follow me to the Gary mobile" Gary says.

"Oh brother" Ash sighs as Gary walks towards the exit.

In the Oak family car:

After exchanging greetings with Gary's parents Blue and Green, Ash hops in the back seat along with Gary.

"So Ash" Gary says "Tell me a bit about yourself".

"Well I'm from Pallet Town in Kanto. I live with my Mom, I played hockey for the Pallet Town Pikachus, I love video games, and I'm 16 years-old" Ash replies.

"Cool, I play for the Toronto Talonflames and that's the team you'll play on" Gary responds enthusiastically.

"What position and player type are you Gary?"Ash inquires.

"I play Center and I'm a Playmaker" Gary says. "You?" He asks.

"Awesome! I'm a left-wing Sniper" Ash replies with a hint of excitement in his voice.

A/N:

(Ok guys if you don't know know hockey terms a Sniper is someone who shoots the puck quite often and puts up many goals, but doesn't pass the puck that much. A Playmaker, as the name suggests, is a player who passes the puck and sets up the goal scorers, but doesn't shoot often. Ok now back to the story!)

A/N Ends

"Nice. I'll feed the you the puck and then you can snipe it top shelf. I can see the headlines now, Ash and Gary dynamic duo!" Gary says while pointing to the to the sky outside the window.

"Oh Geez" Ash says cringing at Gary's odd sense of humour.

"Ok boys we're here" Gary's mom announces.

"Alright!" The two teens yell at the same time.

Ash and Gary exit the vehicle and head towards the house.

A/N:

I hope you guys liked the first chapter. I don't know if the story format is good or not so if you guys could let me know that would be awesome. Also be sure to comment and vote!

Peace,

Dimension