Two

Author's note
I have been asked so many questions about who Layla Haruna is... So many people think I'm Layla Haruna.. Lol
Now, let's analyze these... If you were to write a short story about your secondary school.. I know you would want to write your about your own personal experience while in secondary school but along the way you would also add some stuffs that never happened just to make your story more interesting and nice, right? Ehen 😂
As a person, I don't really believe in "nonfiction "because there is no how you want to write about that without being a little bit " fictious"
Lol, just my thoughts... I would really like you guys to voice out your opinions on these.... Thank you very much! Now, sit comfortably and enjoy the next chapter!!!

SS1-2013/2014
My First day in senior secondary school was an amazing one. After the morning assembly which started 7:30a.m and ended 8:00a.m, we were all taken to the school hall where we were all lectured about the school rules and regulations. After which all the school staffs and prefects introduced themselves. The social prefect taught us all the school songs that were sung during morning assemblies along with the school anthem. The health prefect enlightened us on how to clean our classes and surroundings. She also told us how to take care of ourselves because no dirty student will be allowed into the school premises and we should also maintain a good conduct in and out of the school.  Our school uniforms were given to us by the head vocational teacher of the school. The boys were to wear navy blue trousers with a short sleeve cream shirt having a touch of navy blue on the collar, sleeves and breast pocket. The school shirt was the same for both boys and girls with the girls wearing a navy blue A-shaped skirt resting a little bit above the knee along with a navy blue beret. That day, when I wore my school skirt I thought I had mistakenly fell into a big sack of rice! The skirt was so big and long, I was already calculating how I would slim fit the skirt to my shape, my school shirt was not also left out o, everything just needed adjustments. Before we concluded our orientation programme, we were given a tour round the school; the school sport master shared us into different houses of which I was in blue house. We were told that the sporting activities of the school were to take place every Thursday of the week. By the end of the day we were all exhausted, we were served snacks and chilled drinks. It was a memorable day for me.
I don’t know how to explain this to you but let me try. You know this kind of feeling and excitement everyone experience when they are enrolled into senior secondary school, those times when you still have your junior secondary school diseases that is; that period when you start showcasing yourself wanting to be noticed by teachers and seniors, some even go to the extent of asking irrelevant questions during assemblies so that everyone will know their names! It was during that stage in our academics that we attend classes and everyone gets to know the laboratory we are heading to, the noise used to be so much that our seniors peep out of their windows just to see what was going on. Uhm! Ah! We were only going for our classes...Our seniors then call us J.J.C which means “Johnny Just Come.”
As a new senior student there was difficulty in choosing between the science, art and commercial class because of endless contemplations like if I should go to the sciences will I be able to cope? And not only that, some of our parents don’t realize that the time for choosing careers for their kids is now over. For God sake! We are in the 21st century! Some parents will be like, “Kelvin, you must be a lawyer by all means it has always been the family trade.” This they say is for our own good. Yes, it’s true our parents want the best for us but yet we should be allowed to choose our future careers. The only thing our parents need to do is to guide and always encourage us on our future careers because it will be very useless being a lawyer to fulfill your parents desires and not happy with what you do. But I am sure most parents are making amends now. Apart from choosing our classes, some of us were not able to cope with most of the new subjects. They sounded strange and new to us. For example, a science student will be introduced to subjects like chemistry, physics, geography, economics, further mathematics, biology and so on, while the art students will be introduced to subjects like literature-in-English, accounting, government, history and other fascinating subjects. Being a science student, I was introduced to the following subjects; mathematics, English language, biology, physics, chemistry, civic education, further mathematics, Christian religious studies, food and nutrition, computer science, economics and geography. Some were faced with the possibilities of being taken to arts and commercial class if they couldn’t cope with the sciences. I was really scared of failing, knowing the fact that I actually wanted to become a psychologist, I was passionate about it that, that was what was driving me to excel in my academics. That was my dream! And I thank God for the kind of parents I have, they do not hesitate to put me through any difficulties or challenges I came across in my studies. They even went to the extra mile of getting me a lesson teacher to teach me at home. The truth is most of us were very scared at first but with time we got adapted to the various subjects. The painful reality was that most of us were reading to pass and not to understand so as to get good grades. Our first test was really…… how should I put these? We were already panicky not knowing how our teachers would set their questions. We didn’t know what to expect! Some of us failed our test woefully and were contemplating on dropping some subjects. In fact, I was a victim to these. I was offering further mathematics (it was an optional subject in my school) when I newly entered ss1, the first test was a big shock to me because I couldn’t answer any of the questions, hmm….the first thing that came to my mind that day after the test was to drop the subject but I had no choice I had to offer further mathematics for the whole of that session. It wasn’t easy, that was putting more efforts into my studies to get good grades and to make sure I don’t fail any subjects. Come to think of it some people in my class are so careless that they don’t care if they pass or fail as far as they don’t get to repeat the class. Even at these there were still some students who would make sure they don’t have credit on their results, only A1 all through. Those were the “gurus’’ of the class. The competition was very keen, there was no friendship when it came to assignments and tests, and it was more like everyone is on his own. At that stage in our academics, we were still not used to each other as classmates. We tried to have fun as much as possible but due to immaturity and lack of cooperation we were not able to do so. There was a time our biology teacher shared us into various groups to carry out a project. Can you believe that we all failed the project in my group? Yusuf who was expected to bring the materials needed for the project brought them late and when the materials got to us some of my group mates were already angry. So a fight ensued and it took us time to settle our differences therefore altering the progress of our project entirely. Up till date the last thing I don’t pray for is to have people who cannot settle their misunderstandings amicably around me. It slows down the rate at which you work because as it is commonly said, together we stand divided we fall.
    Hey, don't forget to press the little vote button and also leave your comments..... Byee 😍