Four

School sessions continued immediately after the excursions and we started our second Continuous Assessment test. It was a very fair test. Before we commenced our examinations, an open day was conducted where our parents come to the school to assess our result. That week was what I named the ‘Almighty stealing week’ because all sort of things will get missing ranging from notebooks to textbooks, assignments, projects and the list goes on. Imagine losing your physics note few days to exam! It is so devastating you won’t even know where to start from. One of my classmates, Rahmatu Abdullahi was a victim to this incident. Ye! God forbid bad thing…. Please where will she start from? Will she have to start all over again within that short space of time? Or will she borrow someone’s note to read before the exams and also hinder the other person from reading thoroughly for the exam? Because I fail to understand these… how can a person be so heartless by picking someone’s note to study for exam and returning it two days after the exams has been conducted? These are the kind of people that do not concentrate in class and also disturb other people’s peace and in the end; they resort to stealing notes from others to pass. Please how can that kind of person succeed in his or her exams? Thank God I was not in Rahmatu Abdullahi’s shoes because the way I would have rained curses on the person ehn? The person will have to copy my notes for the end of the following session except if he or she does not have a readable handwriting. Anyway cursing is not advisable. I just think that, that person’s conscience is dead and long buried! Whew!
Yes, as I was saying during our open day many things happened o.     
I was gisting with my girlfriends in the class when I heard one big “Kpa” As Mrs. Ibrahim slapped Mustapha. O boy! It was like Indian film. Zee world to be more specific.
“Mum? You just slapped me!’’ Mustapha screamed.
“I would do that again. Are you insane? What is this? Your result is nothing to write home about.’’ Mrs. Ibrahim shouted throwing his papers at him.
By then I and my friends were already by the louvers peeping to get a better view. I trust Ralia she was already outside standing by the balcony of the class.
“But mum it wasn’t my fault.’’ Mustapha retorted.
“So whose fault is it Mustapha? I gave you everything you needed just to make sure you feel at ease with your studies. But look at what you are using to pay me back. You are even below an average student! Tell me, what has come over you?’’ Mrs. Ibrahim demanded.
“Mummy, I…..I…..’’ Mustapha stammered.
“Spare me that please!’’ she barked.
Mustapha could not bear the embarrassment anymore and he started crying. His mum told our form teacher to restrict him from going out on any school break(please when he is not in primary five!)
God! I was like what if I was in his shoes, what would I do? Would I be able to bear it? As a matter of fact I didn’t expect Mrs. Ibrahim to slap Mustapha in front of his classmates. She could have waited till they got home before she unleashed her anger on him. It was very bad of her but that wouldn’t have happened if Mustapha had been serious with his studies. He was always disturbing others in the class in one way or the other and that incidence made me more serious with my academics. Meanwhile, from my point of view. I don’t think Mrs. Ibrahim had enough time for her son. She is an accountant by profession. I was even surprised she came for his open-day. Her schedule is so tight that she sometimes forgets to pick him from school. In this kind of a situation, there is every probability of having a wayward and unserious child.  These days, parents need to pay attention to their kids to know how they behave academically, morally and spiritually. This is very necessary for a better and brighter future. 
The painful incidence that happened when I was in ss1 was when my friend’s mum died. I can never forget that day. It was a great shock to most of us. We were reading for our last paper for the term, I guess it was computer science when one of the female teachers broke the sad news to us. I was just trembling I couldn’t even mutter a single word!
My friend, Talhatu was in a kind of state that she hardly hears anything you say. It affected her academics greatly! You know that kind of feeling when you come back from school and you find so many people in your sitting room, it is very unusual so you asked one of your aunt what was happening and the first thing she said was “ come and sit.”
“Seriously, I don’t like this kind of thing what is happening here?” you asked.
“You know we all come from God and we shall all return….” She was saying.
With impatience you got up and asked for your mum. By now all eyes were on you in the sitting room, nobody could answer you and your aunt started crying again. Finally, you realize what was happening not that you didn’t know that that was what happened but you refused to believe it. “NO!” you kept shouting “my mum is not dead!” you tried to cry but you could not the pain was too much, it was unbearable, it seemed as if  you were no longer on earth, you were just floating in air everything seems to have vanish. You just lost your mum to the hands of the inevitable one (death). “Death, Death, Death!!! Where is thy sting? You took away my priceless possession!” you murmured bitterly. Then, you opened your eyes two days later in the hospital. That was when the tears started coming, they were pouring so hard like rain. I don’t think there is any word that can describe the great silencer, master of one, DEATH.
        By the end of term three, some of my classmates started having feelings for each other which was very normal (smiles). I had no idea what that meant because I was like these people were just wasting their time on un-important things. They were the big boys and girls in the class always wearing the latest “these” and “that”. They knew what was best for them and they will always be found skipping classes and not doing their assignments. They forgot the reasons why they were in school and this was as a result of following bad friends in and outside the school. Anyway, that was none of my business and everyone has their own life to live (how we think at that early stage of our life was a bit overrated…hmm, just passing by)
There is time for everything!!!

Hmm, sorry for the late update dearest friends. I have been busy doing nothing these few days... Lol! I hope you enjoyed the new chapter and I will love to see your own views and opinions on the new chapter in the comments section and hey vote, if you think it really worth.... Byee 😘😘😘😘I love you too!!!