Belief

Quirkless

At age four Midoriya Izuku, a young boy with bouncing messy green curls that supported black highlights; his soft pale skin was littered with beautiful skin, his bright emerald eyes shinning was deemed quirkless.

It hurt. It hurt the young boy as his once best friend broke him mentally and physically. It hurt when his mother apologized for him not having a quirk. But what hurt most..

Was that he would never be able to achieve his life long goal of being a hero

A few years passed, Izuku was now around 8 almost 9 years old. He walked through the playground silently ignoring his surroundings. His once shining emerald eyes were now dim with hopeless dreams and his skin paled drastically making his freckles stand out more. He was noticeably skinnier but most never noticed.

Such as Bakugou Katsuki. His once best friend, now a bully who taunted and hurt him even though he broke past his limit. Said boy ran up to Izuku and pushed him down to the ground. The young quirkless boy said nothing but grimaced. "Hey Deku! What the fuck did I say!" Kacchan yelled at the lower male, it being a nickname that stuck but Izuku was learning to break that habit. His spiky blonde hair stuck up in many places his bright red eyes glaring at him them holding a darkness.

"Stay ourthe park, only kids with quirks are allowed" Bakugou grinned, and his hand opened up small explosions being made. He placed his hand onto Izuku's shoulder and he hissed at Bakugou's explosion, it burning his shoulder. Izuku immediately turned around and glared, at that Bakugou seemed to falter as he took a step back. Izuku's eyes swarmed with black and black tendril like things ran down his skin of his right arm it being corrupted. "Leave me alone!" The voice was distorted and sounded some what demonic but it didn't change the fact that Bakugou turned on his heel and ran off screaming.

Izuku eyes flashed back to there normal green and he looked at his hand blinking. And in a small hopeful voice, he whispered,

"A quirk?"

Years later, Izuku is now 13 years old. He took on a huge change from his younger bouncing spirit he once was.

Izuku lazily woke up, his eyelashes untangling from one another revealing his dull green eyes, small streaks of black over them. He let out a groan, his throat burning with dryness, and licked over his lips with his pierced tongue. He sat up, and ran his fingers through his messed up hair said fingers getting stuck in the tangled mess.

He stood up even as his bones protested against it. He rubbed his face and stumbled to his closet and pulled on his uniform for his middle school. It was his last year before junior high. He sighed and rubbed his tired eyes small bags pulling down under them. He slipped on his bright red shoes the only thing that seemed to color his life. He walked out his room holding his muster colored book bag. He grabbed an apple before leaving the house silently, before his mother could jump on him.

He lazily blinked as he trudged down the sidewalk, his messy hair hanging over his eyes. Once he made it to school he ignored the usual stares and whispers directed towards him. He went into his classroom before dropping into his usual seat his book bag dropping beside him. He looked at the ceiling his head lolling around for a moment to ease the small dull pain. It wasn't long till the class filled the room and Ka- Bakugou sat in front of him his usual scowl upon his face. Izuku wasn't paying attention as he thought about other stuff.

"-now you all know you need to pick out a career-" the teacher pauses as he looks at the children before grinning and throwing the papers in the air, "-but it won't matter, i know you all will be aiming to be heroes!" The class erupts with boasting, everyone showing off their quirks before familiar crackle quiet them down, "don't lump me in with these extras teach, only I'm gonna be a hero and number one at that!"

The teacher seemed to awe, "Ah yes, Bakugou Katsuki your applying for U.A. aren't you" bakugou grinned, "damn right I am-" "-oh and Midoriya your applying for U.A. too right?" The class shifted their gazes to the boy who seemingly stared at the ceiling before erupting into laughter.

"Midoriya? You can't get into U.A. with only studying!"

"They'll never allow him with that freaky quirk of his!"

"He's more suited to be a villain!"

Above all their conversations Bakugou slammed his hand hair erupting with small explosions as he glared at Izuku, "Deku! you worthless piece of shit! You lower than these extras with that villainous quirk of yours!" Said boy blinked and only now seemed to realize bakugou. "Ah? Oh I forgot I applied..never mind teach I guess I won't apply since I'm more suited to be a villain more than anything" his voice seemed gentle and smooth, but had a small edge. He quirked an eyebrow at the blonde in front of him, "thank you for reminding me Bakugou that I'm useless and worthless"

The class, teacher and bakugou included, seemed to gape at the boy. Usually he'd tried to stand up for himself and keep trying but this..this was different. Bakugou 'tsk' and sat down crossing his arms over his chest. Izuku closed his eyes and tilted his head back his chin pointing back up.

Class continued as normal till the end of the day. Everyone left and Izuku stood up to leave, bakugou pushed Izuku's shoulder, "stay out of my fucking way deku, I don't want to catch your freakyness" he growled. His lackeys snickered and they turned to leave before bakugou turned back, "if you want to be a hero, why don't you take a swan dive off the building and kill your self, praying you get a better quirk" the left Izuku alone laughing but unknown to them Izuku's finger tips turned black.

Izuku trudged down the street quickly the sound of his shoes echoing against the walls of the tunnel he started to walk under. He huffed out a bit of air before the sewer lid popped up and a slime Villain came out, "oh look what I got! A medium sized cloak!" The villain attacked and wrapped itself around Izuku though the boy was surprisingly calm. He let his eyes closed before black edged up the skin of his arms. Moments later the villain was unconscious on the ground and Izuku watched it dully. Just then a voice rang out,

"NEVER FEAR-"

A large body popped out and stood in a pose, a smile blinding to most people proudly against his lips.

"FOR I AM HERE-" the hero paused as he looked at the villain before looking at the young boy. The kid stared at All Might blinking, "oh..sorry I already took care of him out of self defense.." he muttered. All Might resisted the urge to laugh, "it's okay my boy!" He took out the soda bottles pouring the contents out before pushing the slime into it containing the villain, "thank you my boy! Now I must be off!"

Izuku watched his eyes widening ever so slightly, "wait All Might! I have a question!" The pro hero looked at the kid, and decided to spare a few minutes since he had helped, "c-can I.." the boy hesitated, "can I still be a hero, even if I have a villainous quirk?" He asked quietly.

All Might watched him for a moment before smiling, "my boy! Your quirk does not define you, it is what you use with it!" And with that, he stepped out the tunnel and jumped away leaving Izuku, who felt tears prick at the corners of his eyes for the first time in a while.

"I can be a hero.." he whispered in disbelief