Chapter 22

I woke up the next morning rolling over to an empty bed. I was still sore, tired and Ashton gone. Yeah what a way to wake up. Jerk. I kinda figured it was a wham bam thank you ma'am type thing but I was hoping it wasn't. I'm so stupid. Why did I let him mark me? I should have known better than to do something like that. But nope I guess I needed to be stupid. To say the least I'm disappointed although I know I shouldn't be. I mean come on I just forgave him like that and jumped into bed with him. What did I expect? Seriously! Who does that? Oh right me.

"Morning beautiful." he says standing at the door. "Hey why you crying?" he ask rushing to the bed.

"Huh?" I croaked from sleep.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Crying? What? I lifted my hand to my cheek sure enough I was. Why the hell was I crying?

"Uh I don't know." I whisper then clear my throat. "I didn't know I was." I tell him truthfully.

"What were you thinking about?"

"Nothing." I say shrugging.

"Well something had you crying." he says cupping my cheek and wiping my tears. I just shrugged.

What was I suppose to tell him. Oh I'm just being a sissy because I thought you ditched after getting into my pant.

"I didn't ditch after I got into your pants." he growls at me. I looked up him confused. "I laid here and watched you sleep for a while then went and made you breakfast." he says pointing to a tray that I just noticed sitting on the night stand.

"Oh." was my brilliant response. I was still confused. "Did I say that out loud?"

"No." he says pointing to his head.

"Oh no no way." I panic shaking my head. "Stop it. You can't be in my head. Not so nice things go thru it. Nobody should ever witness that." I protest. It's one thing to talk to someone in your head. It's another to have someone read your thoughts. I'm not even sure how it works. I know being in a pack we can hear each thoughts. That's it. I've been told your mate can read your thoughts after your mated. So me being mated to Ashton he can read my thoughts. Only. And being in another pack they can hear my thoughts. If I join Ashton's pack. He'll be able to do both since he's my mate.

"Calm down." he laughs. "You can block me."

"Why can't I read yours?" I ask.

"I've had years of blocking mine plus uh you might not want to see or hear the things I think about you!" he growls. I give him a confused look.

"Oh that bad huh?" I mutter snuggling back into the bed.

"No." he growls leaning over crashing his lips to mine. He kisses me hungrily but passionate then breaks the kiss nibbling down my neck. "Just very dirty." he mumbles into my neck.

"Oh." I moan when he nibbles my mark. It was suppose to come out as oh I got it now but no it came out as a moan. I clear my throat. "Down boy." I snicker getting really turned on.

"Right food." he groans sitting up.

"Huh?" I said dazed.

"Food." he says pointing to the tray.

"Right food." I mumble sitting up.

He gets the tray sitting it in my lap. Why didn't I notice the smell before? It's smells and looks so good.

"Because you were in deep thought when I came in." Ashton answers.

"Will you stop that?" I groan. That's freaky. He chuckles shaking his head.