A Wish Upon A Christmas Star

Dianne

Dianne. She jerked up with a start and flung the covers aside. Her heart pounding, she whirled around, her eyes scanning the bedroom. Who'd called her name? No one. It must be a dream.

The silence and stillness made the hairs on the back of her neck stood up. "Dear God, I'm losing it," she mumbled. Her gaze shifted to the window where she'd made the wish. Dianne shivered and got out of bed.

The lights flickered, and she ignored it, walking out of the room. But the flickering continued at uneven intervals. Dianne had never seen the electricity behaved that way before without failing altogether.

Suddenly the wind howled and moaned, startling her. A high-pitched tinkling, like a ringing bell, sounded from somewhere outside. Goosebumps appeared on her arms. She didn't have a doorbell and the nearest cabin was about a mile from here. The back of her neck prickled, and she dashed to the large window and peered through the glass panes. She reached to the side and flicked the switched to the porch. A strangled gasp left her lips.

A man was lying naked on the cold, snow-covered boards of the porch. She jerked back from the door, her heart thundering against her chest. Who the hell could he be? Nobody could have walked or driven here in this storm? Maybe if she had a bat to--- a low moan startled another gasp from Dianne.

She tore open the door. God, he was big. He didn't look familiar though there were always tourist renting the cabins. Jesus, he must be freezing. What the hell was she going to do with him? Icy wind nipped at her skin making her tingle. She couldn't leave him out here in the storm. She didn't have to check his pulse. Each shallow breath sent up a small puff of fog from his mouth. Dianne bent and wedged her arms underneath his shoulders. She grunted as she pulled, he didn't budge. Crap! "Come on man, work with me, will you?" she whispered. The cold wind sinking into her bones. She tried again and this time his body moved. The man was so big and heavy, she felt like if she was pulling a trunk.

After she had deposited the man on the carpet, she went into the room and brought out blankets for him. She wrapped him from completely, trying her best to avert her eyes from his nakedness. Lord God, the man was endowed.

Phew! Dianne stepped back, admiring the man's surreal good looks. Even unconscious, the guy was amazingly handsome. She drew in a sharp breath when she saw his hair. It was as white as snow. How the hell she didn't notice that before? It was in a long braid; she knew when he stood it would reach his waist. Freakin' amazing! Square jaw, fair skin, and full red lips.

A male snow white slash sleeping cutie.

Her eyes traveled down the length of his body. Gawd! He was indeed a very sexy man. Very male too. She hugged herself; she felt drawn to this total stranger. Her body literally ached to be held by him. What in the hell? Where in the hell did that come from? Maybe the Winter Gods had granted her the wish and sent this sexy man to her. Dianne snorted out a laugh. Don't be ridiculous.