Their Christmas Baby

"Positive

"Positive." Shit. Big shit. Double shit! Kerah sighed and tugged on her short curly hair. She plopped her butt down on the toilet and her tired eyes went to the pregnancy test resting on the tiled counter. She was so not ready for a baby. And she was sure as hell her husband wasn't ready for a child.

Fuck. Taylen would freak the hell out. Her body quivered from head to toe. Married for a year and a half and they'd both agreed to wait at least a couple more years to get pregnant. So how in the hell did this happened?

Her hand went to her still flat stomach, and she released another sighed. Her mind swamped with many thoughts and what-ifs. Kerah did not know how to break the news to him. It's not like he would be angry or anything but they had had their life planned out. She knew her husband---

"Baby." Taylen knocked on the door. "Are you okay in there? You've been in there for quite a long time and we have another murder. Dan just called."

Nervousness flattened her chest and compressed her lungs. She swallowed, forcing air down her throat. "I'll be out in a sec."

"Honey, are you sure you're okay? You know you could tell me anything, right?"

At the sound of the soothing voice, more nerves rose in her like a thousand bubbles pressing against the cork of a Coca-Cola bottle after shaking. "I'm fine." She tried to calm her raging nerves.

Pushing the curls that fell into her eyes, she got up. She ran a hand down her faded jeans and grabbed the pregnancy test from the counter. Kerah wrapped it in some toilet paper and threw it into the bin. She washed her hands thoroughly and stepped out of the bathroom. She would tell him soon. But now it had to wait. Maybe it could be her Christmas gift to him. Their own little Christmas baby. Kerah smiled. Yeah. She would tell him soon.

"You still haven't answer."

Kerah stilled, barely holding herself back from placing her hand on her stomach. She forced a smile and looked up into the golden gaze of the love of her life. Taylen. Her husband. "I'm fine." She could feel his concern for her down to her bones, but they had to get to the crime scene. They had to catch a killer. He lowered his chin and took her face ever so gently into his powerful hands.

He was big, strong, the toughest, and he was all hers. It had been so many years since she'd thought about the time they'd met. She remembered the first time she'd walked into his office, heart in throat thinking she was about to get fired by a boss she'd never met before. Now married, and she was still a detective.

"Babe, where did you go? Your mind, it's like you went sailing into the great deep." He chuckled.

"I'm just thinking about the first time we met." She smiled and this time it wasn't forced.

"So Mrs. Benn, if I remember correctly you barged into my office and told me if I'm going to take away your badge, I should shove it deep in my frigging hairy arse."

Kerah groaned. "You promised, you wouldn't bring it up again." She felt his arms tightened around her as he drew her to his muscular body. Taylen's eyebrow rose in an oddly sexual way.

"Oh, I promised a lot of things, wife. So watch yourself." He nipped at her earlobe and her stomach fluttered.

"We have to go b---"  Her breath caught in her throat when his hot mouth latched onto her ear and he suckled. His teeth nibbling, sending tingles down her spine. Kerah loved when he got all sexy, her knees buckled with blazing hot passion as he held her to his warm body. She pulled away, trying to calm her raging hormones.

"L-let's go, Tay---" Christ on a motorcycle. The man was grinding his hard--- "Taylen!" she shouted, wrenching herself away, breathing hard. "We. Have. To. Go. Now." Kerah spun on her heels, her knees almost knocking. She was out of the house as fast as she could, blocking out his rumbling laugh. Gawd. That man was going to be the death of her.