Chapter 1

I throw my things on my bed and turn I see myself in the mirror, I'm 16 and I'm short, with pale skin, freckles on my cheeks and my green eyes, my friend Sam says they're sea green, but I don't believe that, I have brown wavy hair that ends just above my hips. I'm wearing blue jeans shorts and a blue tanktop. Sam should be on the beach, we're not gonna go swimming today, cause we just got here.

I walk down the stair and go to the kitchen, open the sliding glass doors, and walk out onto the beach. I walk up beside Sam watching how the sun makes the water sparkle, I ask, "It's nice, isn't it?" She answers calmly as the salty sea wind blows are hair back, "Yeah, I can see why you love the ocean so much, so peaceful."

I turn to look at Sam, she has tannish peach skin with curly blonde hair that ends at her shoulders, she has light blue eyes and rose pink lips. She's wearing white knee highs with a pink strapless shirt, I say as we stare out to sea, "We should unpack our stuff and see if we can get the campfire working." She nods and we start walking back to the house.

"Daaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnn." I stop and look back, did someone call my name? Sam looks back at me and asks, "Dawn, what's wrong?" I answer confused, "I thought I heard someone call my name....Did you hear anything?" She shake her head and answers, "No, but what did it sound like?" I answer walking up to her, "Sounded like a guy, singing my name, weird."

She smiles and says rustling my hair, "Must have been your imagination, Dawn, come on, let's unpack." I nod and we walk into the house. I go up the stair to my room and start unpacking my cloths, and putting them in the dresser, the good thing is we're moving in to this place. Once summer ends I'm gonna got to the high school here.

I smile at the thought of living here, as you can guess, Sam's not my best friend, but my older sister, but she's like my best friend. I'm going into grade 11 while she's on her last year, grade 12. Once we're finished unpacking, I go to the kitchen and plug the frig, stove and dishwasher in, going to the basement with a flashlight I start turning the power on in the house, with Sam's help, we get the power running perfectly.

I walk back up to the main floor and see Sam tied to a chair, I ask hurrying to her, "Sammy! What happened?! Are you okay?!" I untie her mouth and she says cautious, "Hurry, Dawn! Get out of here!" Get out? I pick up the bat that's on the floor and listen carefully, I hear footsteps upstairs.