Realization

Brennens pov

"Brennen, are we really about to do this?" Jake says stuttering his words. I lift my head up and look at him straight in the eye, "Only if you want to." He looks away, "What if I want to wait Until we are maybe together and have been together a while." As I heard those words I took my hands off of Jake and backed away. "Yea... It can wait. I said it was your choice and I'm not going to force you." He walks up to me and hugs me, "I'm sorry..." 

I started to become more and more, sober by the second. I realized what I was doing. What I was getting myself into. Was it ok? Did I actually want to be in a relationship with him? He doesn't seem to be my type, But I'm growing an array feeling for him. A love like feeling. I can't believe it. 

"Brennen?" Jake called my name. I look at him, "Sorry just lost in thought..." Jake sits down on the bed, "I'm still sorry, I should have said it before you got all, 'into it'.." I try to keep eye contact with Jake but failed, my eyes dragged to the floor, not being able to look at him from regret, "Jake you're fine. You didn't do anything wrong." "Then please look at me properly Brennen. Look at me like a didn't break you." I just continue to look at the floor. He continues on, "See, you can't because I did break you because I did do something wrong. Brennen, you can't g-" I couldn't handle him blabbering on and on, so I sat down beside him and smashed my lips into his. Him kissing back almost immediately. 

I do feel this way about him. Loving him was ok. I do want to be with him. I soon realized I don't care what happens, I love him, he made me happy. I mean relationships aren't based on sex there based off of, being caring, always being there for each other, giving each other love and affection, Not by having sex all the time. I know I love him, he's amazing nothing can change that, But will I ever get over Hope? I know I still love her and I am still devastated that I lost her.