three

i would just like to put a trigger warning in place for this chapter at the very beginning during the flashback as grey was forced into prostitution so please read ahead with caution.

══════════════════

three; IN A WAY

"You've never done this before, have you?" The voice crooned, the unusually soft hand around her wrist tightening ever so slightly

Grey shook her head, her stomach recoiling as she stared into the crystal blue eyes of the Capitol man.

"No, I haven't." She responded, her voice tense as the man began edging closer to her body.

"You've never been on one of these dates or you've never been on one with a man?" He questioned, his head tilted as he observed the seventeen-year-old Victor of two years with rather curious eyes.

"I haven't been on one at all." She murmured uncomfortably, causing her companion to grin in delight.

The man leaned in close and Grey shivered in disgust as his tongue darted out from between his lips, licking a stripe from her pulse point to the shell of her ear, before pressing a gentle kiss to it.

"Let me teach you, Miss Spectral." He breathed out, "And afterwards, you may name your choice of payment."

Grey stared at the man as he began to move closer to her, an idea forming in her head.

Deafening cheers woke Grey from her slumber and she couldn't have been more thankful as she thought back to the memory her dream was making her relive. She ran her hand through the tangled tresses of her curls as she stared blearily at the blinds that hid her from the view of the Capitol.

The young Victor sighed as she forced herself up from the bed and pulled a cardigan around her small frame. She made her way out of the small room and walked a few feet before entering the dining cart.

"My goodness." Elka's nerve-grating voice greeted her, "Whatever happened to your hair!?"

"Sleeping without a dozen products still mixed in it, Elka." She replied tiredly, "You should try it sometime."

"Morning Sunshine." Brutus greeted from his place at the table.

The blonde gave him a dry look before taking a seat next to Enobaria, "Shut up, Brutus."

"Well, we are just pulling into the Capitol now and you'll be ushered off to your stylists to get ready for the parade tonight." Elka exclaimed, clapping her hands together, "For now, eat your food."

Grey stared darkly at the plate in front of her, her thoughts quickly consuming her.

When winning her games nine years ago, she was promised a life of wealth and peace, and she did get that for a long while. The camera's left her alone but she was ordered to attend any of the gala's in the Capitol, provided that she spend the night in the Capitol every so often. The men and women who accompanied her on dates were disgusting but it was a small price to pay for being able to live out the rest of her life in peace, along with being able to protect her family, because refusal meant that she had signed their death certificates and yet, here she was, being thrown back into her worst nightmare.