The Plague

Chapter 1: The Plague

“Okay class the bell is about to ring for homework tonight I want you to read about the great plague tonight and remember Mr. Peterson will be coming in tomorrow to talk about his work” Mrs. Salvian, A shrill old lady told her students as the bell rang signaling the end of the school day. Alex Walker got up from his desk and walked out the door.He was sixteen, five feet and nine inches tall  light caramel skin and dirty blond hair. He walked down what was left of the old road that was closest to the barrier of the town to his home near the edge of the settlement. His house was nicest in town three stories high with Twenty rooms, a massive kitchen, a gym, and a pool. it had been a hotel in the past but his ancestors bought it to live in right before the plague.He walked up to his room got out his history book turning it to the chapter about the plague.Everyone knew the basic story of the plague, but now he finally got to hear the whole story he opened his book and began to read. The book read,”In 2025 the world was in a time of prosperity there had been no war for nearly ten years, and you could travel freely wherever.Then the dark times arrived, a massive chemical spill in a california lab making a virus that spread faster and was easier to catch than the common cold. We tried everything to find a cure, but we realized it was too late, we built four cities that would be protected from the virus. The four cities would have no contact with each other until....”

There was a loud explosion outside Alex’s house. He got up from his desk and sprinted to the source of the explosion. He followed a group of students from his class to a section of the metal border around the town. Reaching the wall he noticed something different one of the sealed doors that originally let settlers in was cracked open. “Everyone stand back!” Shouted a town officer. Suddenly The wall lit up showing a face Alex could recognize as President Maxwell from before the plague.”Hello, if you are viewing this you and your settlement have survived the plague.” He coughed into a handkerchief barely visible spots of blood on it.”At this time you shall be able to leave your city as our top scientists have concluded all traces of the virus should be wiped off the earth. We wish you all the best of luck in restoring the human race.” The transmission ended, the crowd silent both in awe and respect of the legendary leader. The officers quickly dispersed the crowd sending everyone into their homes.