Ch'Vyalthan

I awaken, startled to see Shae and my handmaiden talking.

"What is it?" I demand, putting on my robe.

"Lady Sansa has bled your grace. Queen Cersei knows. Lady Sansa is terrified and I thought you might be able to comfort her. She is distraught." Shae says.

"Very well, I shall go and see her as soon as I can" I dress quickly and go and see where Sansa is. It takes about fifteen minutes of hardcore searching to find her. "Sansa, are you alright?" The poor girl looks terrified.

"No," she says, tears springing to her eyes.

"Come and walk with me. You will not marry him until the war is over, and that could be another few years. Do not fret yourself over such things as this."

"I just kind of wished I would never bleed. That I would never have to marry him"

"Your lucky that you are almost fourteen, if you had bled a while ago you already would be married. What is it about marriage that terrifies you? If you want I could ask Tyrion to break off the betrothal and we can find you a more suitable husband. Someone kinder, and gentler who will love and protect you"

"I doubt that a man like him exists."

"Maybe not right now, but in a few years perhaps. Hmmm, let's see. What about Tommen? He will be lord of Storms End when he comes of age. He has never hurt a fly in his entire life. I know he is a child but surely he is better than Joffrey"

"The king is my one true love. I am devoted to him from this day until the end of my days"

"Listen to me Sansa. That is a lie. No matter how many times you say that you love him you never will. He is a monster. Get yourself out of this situation before it is too late. Please. I don't want to see you hurt any more. Joffrey will drive you to an early grave. You deserve better than this. Your aunt Lyanna has many songs sung about her abduction and rape, do you want songs sung about your misery or do you want to be happy?" Sansa stares at the ground and tears flow down her cheeks.

"The king is my one true love" she repeats through clenched teeth.

"Very well. I am going down to the docks with Tyrion to oversee the preparation for Stannis' arrival. He should arrive tomorrow or the day after."

"What if stannis wins the battle?"

"Well, then, you shall live to see all our heads mounted on spikes. You shall probably be kept in Kings Landing to trade to your brother. Your brother will probably be able to go home with the Lannisters destruction and all shall be well. Stannis would be a just king but his rule would be miserable. He is a very stern man and this red priestess he has with him burns people alive at the stake. If he wins it shall be good for you and bad for me."

"Do you want him to win then?"

"I want to stay alive. The best way to do that is to win. It is my duty to do what I can to protect the citizens of Kings Landing and I intend to do that. I have to go now, stay safe." I leave her there and go to find Tyrion. He said he would be ready to leave about now.

I find him outside with Bronn.

"Ah, you have finally decided to show up" Tyrion says and starts walking.

"I was talking with Sansa. She has begun to bleed. Tyrion, while you act as hand, do whatever you can to delay the wedding. I tried convincing her to step out of the betrothal but she keeps lying about how Joffrey is her one true love."

"I'll do what I can. She is probably praying that Stannis wins tomorrow night and puts all our heads on spikes."

"Yeah. Has the rioting calmed down?" I ask Bronn.