four - no one cares

Kevin's POV

I felt something poking my face. My eyes still shut. I've been laying down in a bench since last night.

My stepfather kicked me out of the house. Staying out and sleeping everywhere has been a routine i got used to do whenever i hit my stepfather bad mood side. And ended up with a cuts and bruises, worst is a broken bones.

When he found out that i failed 3 subjects and had to suffer a make up class he immediately confront me. He beats me to his heart content and kicked me out of our- i mean his house. Thanks whoever heard my prayers not to die in his hand. So i ended up with A broken arm and bruises covered my face.

Man, how i wished he let me eat first. Or atleast gave me some penny so i could eat somewhere else. Sudden thought of food makes my stomach growl craving for pizza. I wet my lips, i felt pain and a bit salty. It was a dry blood from my cut near my lips i assume.

Poke.

Something's poking my face. I crunches.

I rise up."what?" One pair of gray eyes staring at me. Her face was so close that our lips could touch. Her warm breath touches my skin. My heart stop functioning. Or would i say malfunctioning instead.

The girl with a short hair stand straight." He's still alive."

" We taught he's dead." A voice of a child said.

My eyes fell from them. I was surrounded with children. I roam around. It was a playground. I've been consume in pain and dizziness that i didn't even realize where my foot dragged me last night. The last thing i remember was i found a bench.

" Is he alright " a boy with a missing tooth asked the girl.

"Stay away!" I scowl. I'll try to stand up but the pain at my arm exploding. Besides, i felt dizzy. Note to self. Eat first before letting my stepfather beat me.

" I think he's alright. See.. he still have the energy to scowl."

I found her still looking at me giving me anything but a flat face. Her eyes lock onto mine. I would prefer she ignore me rather than giving a sympathetic look.

" Can you just leave."i lay down again, closed eyes. I heard her footsteps fading away. And so the kids. A pang of disappointment crawl into my heart.

I'm a mess. I don't care. And no one else does.

**********

It's almost dark. I've been passed out for the whole day. I hope i could die in a quickest way possible. My stomach makes an elephant like sound. I'm hungry as hell.

"Eat this."

Oh. See what starving can make you? I'm hallucinating now. Hearing things like someone says eat this.

"Hey, get up. Pull yourself together."

I heard it again. I didn't move. But i flinch when a small hand grip my wrist.

" What?!" I scream in annoyance as i open my eyes.

The girl i met this morning was in front of me. What the hell she's doing here? I position my aching body to seat.

She sat down beside me. Handing me a cup of instant noodles. I look away from her.

" I don't need your pity."

"Who says i do?"

"Get lost."

She grabbed my hand and put forcefully a plastic fork and the cup noodles in my other hand." Your pride wouldn't feed your stomach."

I glanced up at her, she opened another cup of instant noodles for herself devouring it.

I look down on my hand. Suppressing the tears that was about to fall. It was the first time someone force me too eat like she... Like she cares.

" You've been staring that cup for a long time now. I might think your already inlove with that thing."

Her words make me smile. I can't help it.

" Want me to feed you?"

I smile before starting to devour my own. It's like this cup of noodles could save my life.

We ate in silence. Neither of us saying a word. I throw a quick glance at her. She was busy looking for something inside her bag.

A piece of medicine on her hand." I found it." She gave it to me. Gesturing to take it. So i did.

"Thanks." Is all i say. I couldn't find a word to describe how I'm grateful to her.

"But why?"

" What do you mean why?"

" You helped me."

She shrugged. Like it was nothing.

" You should go home."

But i don't have one." Don't want ." I expect her to pry but she didn't. I felt comfortable being by her side. It a strange feeling.

"It's ok if you don't want to talk about it." She smiled. A genuine one." Unless you do illegal stuff." She paused." Like, drugs." Then she chuckles.

Her voice give a soothing feeling to my heart.

" Who needs drugs, if human emotions can fucked up your life just the same." I blurted out of the blue.

" My life was a mess." I sigh." I've been a punching bag to my stepfather for almost 5 years now. And guess what, my dear mother didn't care... actually No one cares."

She kept listening her eyes on mine. Maybe she doesn't want to hear my whimper. I force myself to laugh but i miserable failed. It turns out like I'm growling." Don't look at me that way."

" Look at you in what way." She asked.

" Like you pity me. I don't deserve it."

" But why?"

" I know i don't have the rights to complain.. like hell.. everyone has their own problem. And worse than mine so don't feel bad about me." I said.

Before i realize it, i was enveloped by a soft warm hands. I froze, my muscle stiffen. But i was fast to recover. My body relaxes on her embrace. My head leaning over her chest. Her heartbeats was calm. I felt her hand caressing the back of my head. All my emotions were mixed. But i figure one. All the pain inside me was fading away.

" It's ok to feel sad." She began." It's ok to complain. It's ok to feel pain. Cause saying you can't be sad because other people have it worse is like saying you can't be happy because other people have it better."

Flashback

"Dad?"

"Why young man." Dad asked, confused evident in his voice.

" Why do you love mom?" Jumping to his hospital bed. He patted the spot next to him gesturing to sit down. So i did. He reach for my head and ruffled my hair.

" I don't know." He began."Oneday, someone is going to hug you so tight that all of your broken pieces will stick back together." My dad said leaving me confused.

*******