Chapter 2

A/N: Any songs that are written in here are my own songs! Leave a comment! :) (Sorry I'm new at this I have no idea what I am doing)

__________________________________________________________________________________

As I walked down the hallway the usual whispers followed in my wake, plus the occasional older student whispering to the younger students. My smirked grew more pronounced the farther I walked. You know what I do to deserve this?

I play the drums. Okay that's not the whole reason, BUT it is a BIG part of it. I live in Wishcroft France. A small town near the coast towards the southren border. Let me tell you a bit about Wishcroft,

It's boring as fuck. Wishcroft is a Christian town. Like one of those major Christian towns that's like if you don't do things their way it's the wrong way.

If you don't read the bible in your spare time; you're devils spawn.

.If you play any instrumetnt but the piano or violin; you're a hooligan.

If you listen to anything but gospel or "good" country; you're a troublemaker.

......... Hello my names Anabella Marie Riche. I write music and run in my free time, I play the drums and I listen to punk rock, pop, and a bit of rock. And dear lord don't even get me started on my clothes. While most girls my age wear loose, black dress pants and a crisp white buton-up shirt to school ("Dress code is not a rule but it is appreciated") I wore ripped and torn tight skinny jeans, and my t- shirts usually consisited of some band that I was obssesed with that no one but me had ever even heard of. And while everyone else wore black dress shoes I wore, black, lace up combat boots.

Yeah. I piss so many people off.

You could say it's a hidden talent.

I was so lost in thought I didn't realize I'd reached my locker until the girl whose locker is next to mine reached out a tentive hand and rested it on my arm and I jumped a bit expecting another person looking to heckle me some more.

"Anabella, don't you have to stop at your locker?" I sighed in relief. It was only Lucy Keith. She was in a few of my classes, she was a bit bigger but she had a heart as big as the ocean. She had curly brown hair and big hazel eyes. I smiled at her in gratitude as I put in my locker combination,

"Yeah, thanks, sorry I was a bit lost in thought there." I put my World Lit. book away and pulled out my Latin. Lucy smield at me in return and pulled out her Latin book as well,

"It's all right I understand. How's your new song coming?" Lucy loved my music though she only said it once and made me swear not to tell her mother when I had sang her a rough draft of one of my songs and she'd said in a very hushed voice, "that's incredible." So for the past year we've both pretended it's never happened. At her mention of my new song I made a face at my tattered greenspiral notebook that basically held my entire life in it,

"Not well, I've finished the lyrics but I can never find the right beat to suit it." I sigh in frustration, running my hand through my already messy hair. Lucy smiled in confidence and patted my arm and said, "you'll get it Anabella. You always do." And gave me one last smile before heading into class. I followed closely behind her and sat in my normal spot in the back of the class. But, to my astonishment, and to everyone elses, Lucy plopped down right beside me, instead of her usual spot in the front.

I looked over at her in disbelief, she looked around the room with an expression that said, "Say something, I dare you." I knew that look because it was the same look I saw when I looked in the damn mirror.

Lucy looked at me with such defiancy in her face that I couldn't help but laugh. This girl had no idea what she was getting into. Maybe, just maybe, Lucy was starting to realize that you could think for yourself. I smiled to myself, shaking my head as I pulled out my notebook.

                        Bow Down

I won't bow down to you

to you or your stupid rules

they don't mean nothing to me

I'll just keep doing my own thing

Don't give a damn bout what you sa**y (hold say for 3 counts)

I won't bow down

I won't give up

I will fight back, with my dying breath.

I growled in frustration softly under my breath as I started drumming out some more beats on the desk. This was going to take a miracle.