Untitled Part 4

A.N. This chapter will have some POVs and flashbacks, mostly related to the Evolution of Claire, but don't freak out, you won't have to read it. The flashbacks just have characters. And the characters with asterisks before the first letter and after the last ones are from the Evolution of Claire.  

Claire's P.O.V

"Owen, please tell me this is not your flight." I grumbled, putting my head in my hands in frustration. 

"No 'How have you been the past six months we broke up and you moved out of my van'? Geez, Claire, I thought you were better than that." Owen teased. Claire gritted her teeth.

"Go away." I said. I had to at least try.

"Nope, sorry, Red, can't, I'll hold up the line." Owen said, making a point which was irritatingly true, which made me hate him even more than I already did. Right now I just wanted to slap his stupid grin off. 

o0o

Owen's P.O.V

My mission now is to annoy the hell out of Claire Dearing until she just accepts I'm here. I know. It's a great plan. Some people think I'm a child adult. I don't agree with them. Well, maybe I take that back. 

"Hey, Claire-bear," I say, using a sickly sweet tone and an annoying nick-name. "I think the line's moving." My plan worked, because Claire's shoulders tensed up, and her cheeks flared red. 

"Don't. Call. Me. Claire. Bear." She said, through gritted teeth. 

"Why, you had a boyfriend who called you that?" I teased. "Who are you dating now, anyway? An accountant?" I said, smirking.

"How did you know I had a boyfriend who called me - okay, you know what, never mind. And no, I'm not dating anyone, it's none of your business."

"If it's not my business, how come you just told me?" I said, pushing more buttons.

"I - what? Aarrrrgh! Stop whatever you're doing, Owen! Stop it!" 

I could tell she was losing it, so I backed away. Just a little.

"OK." I put my hands up in surrender. 

o0o

A.N. Sorry about the short chapter, guys. Hopefully next chapter will have some flashbacks.