Chapter 1: Dispatch 911

Friday Night / Late Evening

Disturbance Call

A 911 operator receives a call from a frantic woman; the caller states that someone is trying to break into her house but is unable to provide a description. The operator dispatches the closest vehicle, which happens to be car 426, Dep. Don Harrell, and attempts to keep the caller on the line; the call drops. As car 426 races to the location, the dispatcher begins providing pertinent information to the deputy. In a matter of moments the Sheriff deputy arrives and finds the caller, Brenda Ignacio, standing in her doorway emotionally distressed. After directing the officer to the culprits last known location she quickly retreats into the safety of her home.

Don unholsters his sidearm, activates his lapel camera, and silently advances toward the side of the house; holding his breath he peeks around the corner and sees that her trashcans are damaged; trash is strewn around them. He continues with the search, circling around the house finding more disturbed items until he reaches the front door. He holsters his weapon, knocks on the door, and speaks with the resident after she emerges; after their conversation Don returns to his cruiser. A report is made to the station that the woman was somewhat incoherent and babbling about a creature hiding in the sky trying to get her. The dispatcher closes the call and Don pulls off heading back to his route; as he is about to turn off of Brenda's street, he gives his rear view mirror a check and immediately slams down on the car brake.

Above her house a very large object hovers with a faint hum; he witnesses a dark blue beam emit from the underbelly of the craft and illuminate a portion of the property which causes the power to go out. In a panic he throws the vehicle in reverse and rushes back to the home. The moment he exits his cruiser the light and the object disappear leaving behind silence and darkness; a few seconds later the lights in the house begin flickering back on. Brenda starts to scream uncontrollably; instinctually Don rushes to the front door kicking it open. He finds Brenda on the stairwell in a daze, screaming her lungs out, needing comfort. Once she calms, he places a call to dispatch requesting immediate back up; then the two wait for the responders.

Saturday Morning / Twilight

Residence of disturbance call

Don's radio explodes with static and crossed frequency sounds. They are so loud and high pitched in nature that it forces him to disconnect the lines to combat the noise. The commotion incites Brenda who begins screaming hysterically "they are coming." She makes a move to run out of the house but is violently snatched to the wall by an invisible force. In that moment a bright blue light envelops the room; Don is pinned to the floor unable to move freely. Hearing Brenda screaming in the distance Don is able to contort himself enough to see shadows emerging from the wall: her cries become muffled as one of the figures covers her mouth with its hand.

Don gasps from the horrible realty that he is witnessing; the gangly muscled, bipedal creatures stand over six feet tall. Their smooth moist skin is of a light brown complexion freckled with darker brown patches; they reek of an unexplainable putrid smell that stings with every breath, and their eyes, the size of golf balls, are ruby red with a void filling darkness behind them. The creatures communicate amongst themselves by way of a distinct gargle as they stand over Brenda. One of them begins gently caressing her womb area as see struggles against her restrictions. As the aliens study her, Don manages to retrieve his sidearm and fire off a shot at the creatures. The illuminating light, along with the induced paralysis immediately cease; Brenda falls from the wall and Don scrambles to her, then places her behind him; he fires his weapon at the retreating aliens. Grabbing Brenda's arm Don leads her through the house towards the front door, but he is violently knocked into her by a blow from one of the creatures, causing them to both go down. Bruised and bloody, he looks up just in time to see the creature charging him. With a quick roll Don is able to move out of its way and fire two shots. A piercing scream is heard immediately after the shots, and the creature falls to the floor motionless. Don cautiously scans the room with his eyes as he slowly makes his way to Brenda who lays unconscious next to the couch. When he reaches her, he vigorously shakes her shoulder without taking his eyes off of the room. A few moments of shaking jolts her back to her senses, and Don attempts to lead them out of the house again.

They are able to make it to the driveway before a humming sound can be heard; within seconds the sound is forceful enough to create a strong nauseating feeling amongst the two and they fall to the ground vomiting uncontrollably. As they writhe in pain, a bright-white light illuminates their bodies and Brenda begins to elevate. Don attempts to hold her down by grabbing her leg, but he's overwhelmed by the heat emitted from the light. His arm is burned and the nauseating feeling intensifies causing him to lose his grip and slam back to the ground. As Brenda's body enters the ship through the light Don begins to lose consciousness. The last thing he sees is the UFO ascending to the stars.

The responding police officers arrive on the scene and find Don bloodied and unconscious in a puddle of his own vomit. He is transported to the hospital where he is kept for days until he regains consciousness; he is then placed under investigation. After complying with the investigators wishes, taking lie detector tests, giving walk-throughs, and assisting with the bullet trajectory analysis, Don is allowed to return to work after the weeks long investigation; not finding the body of the alien he killed didn't help his situation run any smother. Sensing that the investigators didn't believe his story, he set out to prove the truth any way he could. His first piece of evidence lay hidden in the security tapes of Brenda's neighbor; while in a coma, the neighbor was able to get word of this evidence to one of Don's colleagues. With this knowledge Don prepares to conduct an investigation on his own; this is where his biggest case begins.