Chapter 1

"Raphael, we need to talk."

"What's there to talk about Leo? Master Splinters dying, Donnie is currently, who knows where and Mikey's depressed. Face it, Leo, we're broken."

Leo stared curiously into the once lively and active, emerald eyes of the coward in front of him, wondering if he'd ever see the same happiness again. Sighing in an overwhelming sadness, before dramatically walking away and softly speaking in a low tone, "Don't talk to me then."

The red wearing turtle  stood in awe as his brother demandingly trotted off, in a fit of defeat, he decided to chill with his youngest brother, Mikey on the couch. The couch was a moderate grey and was actually quite comfortable compared to all the other seating designs they had for their lair.

"Another fight with Leo?" Mikey asked with a bored expression as he spammed the buttons on the silver remote in his hands. Raph nodded as he put his head on his weak knees with his arms enveloping himself in a calm embrace.

"Want to play?"

Raph sighed as he picked up a brown glitter coated, white controller, waiting for the game to load before joining, it made it quicker- or so he thought it did.

Mikey half heartedly chuckled as Raph was killed once again.

"You know you're meant to avoid the blue monkey monsters, right?"

Raph grunted as he respawned again, his pixelated avatar running towards Mikey's furiously. Mikey screamed genuinely as Raph forcefully pushed his guy into the burning lava below.

"No Raph!" Mikey began excitedly, "I had a voodoo doll on me, idiot. Now the world-fryer is going to kill you."

Raph groaned as he pulled out his gun in the game and a big ball of fire flew out of the ground and in front of Raphael's character, "Not if I get him first."

All of a sudden, the lights went off and they were surrounded by dark.

"W-what was that?" Mikey mumbled to Raph as they both stood up.

Raph shrugged curiously, as he and Mikey started to investigate.

"Powers gone, should probably fix that." Raph unintentionally groaned.

Mikey spoke quickly, "But Donnie isn't here, he's the only one who knows how to hold a wrench, never-mind fixing our power box thingy! Maybe we should get Leo?"

"Never, I'll do it myself, Mikey."

After a few minutes of endlessly wandering around Donnie's dusty, unused lab, he found the red toolbox he was looking for. The toolbox was a faded maroon and had a few scratches were the paint had worn off and was now grey, but the thing Raph needed to see to show that it was his was the note at the bottom of the metal box. A painted white square with black marker reading, 'Donnie and Raph's Handy Dandy Toolkit.' It was a simple name but it was cute and innocent, they got the box when they were 8 but it only really got used when Donnie was fixing household items such as the toaster, when Leo burnt it, or the TV, when master splinter accidentally through a shuriken at the remote. Raph chuckled inwardly as he grabbed the toolkit and headed to the room containing the generator. A scared Mikey following cautiously behind him.

"Hey Raph, do you think we'll ever be back to normal again?"

Raph shook his head as he began working, he put on his safety goggles and handed a pair to Mikey, "If you're gonna hang with me, at least do it right, Knucklehead."

Mikey slightly laughed as he put the purple goggles on.

Raph looked at the generator with a glint in his eyes, on the right was a fully working steam powered generator, to the left was the solar panel feature, Donnie added that when Master Splinter complained they had no light source at night. It was a thick bunch of wires that lead themselves upwards and connected to a manhole shaped solar panel. Raph remembered when Donnie made that, he personally asked for his assistance, which made the red clad turtle ecstatic after being useful for once. The real problem was the main feature, it was a white box holding different knobs and buttons as well as a small compartment in the back, which usually contained tiny wires that kept everything connected; however, the panel cover was cut open and some of the wires were sliced in half. As Raph observed closer he noticed a small detail.

"These are a really messy cut, where as the panel is a clean one."

Mikey spoke up in overjoyment for actually being productive, "So there are two people breaking our stuff, I knew Mr Gerome and his sidekick, Pitch, was evil!"

"No, you bonehead." Raph chuckled. "It means whoever did this, has a sword and does not know how to use wire cutters."

Mikey and Raph hummed before shouting in realisation, "Leo!"

Raph huffed as Mikey jumped on the spot, pulling his goggles onto his forehead, "But why would Leo want to destroy our electric?" 

Mikey soon spoke afterwards, "And why did he use wire cutters of all things? He knows he can't use them properly!"

Raph hummed in acknowledgement as he started mending the contraption, "I dunno, Mikester. Sure he had a good reason to though. Otherwise it was just a plain old stupid choice."

The two laughed as the lights came on again and stood behind them was a smiling blue clad turtle. "See guys! I knew we could be a team again!"

The other two turtles looked confused for a moment before Raphael spoke up, "Pardon?

The blue wearing turtle chuckled as he put his hands on his hips and slowly rocked. "You see, whilst you and Mikey where bonding over video games, I was speaking to Father about how to get us to work together. Anyways, he suggested that I destroy something that we all used and get you to figure out who did it, also I can totally use wire cutters... I just did a bad job to.. confuse you? Besides, you guys did really well working together!"

Raph internally groaned as Leo spoke, it was annoying, especially after their small dispute they had only two hours ago. Mikey clapped his hands happily, "Oh my lord, Raphie boy! We did it! Maybe soon we'll finally defeat, the blue monkeys of doom!"

Leo and Raph awkwardly chuckled before the leader in blue, suggested one last thing, "How about a little patrol?"