Chapter Eight: Past Mistakes

*Hey all! I'm literally typing with my ring finger on my right hand so if you notice mistakes, I am so sorry!

WARNING: Chapter contains bullying

...

JUNGKOOK'S POV

I look down at Taehyung, my heart crushing as his long fingers cling desperately to the front of my blazer. I went looking for him after school to ask if we could work on our project at his house, but when I couldn't find him, and his friends Jimin and Hoseok didn't know where he went, I got worried. I sent him text after text and called him over and over...yet he still didn't answer. My friend Yoongi said he saw him heading down the wooden path and offered to come with us as we searched for him. I know Taehyung isn't weak; he can fight, and from the bits of his past I know, he's a tough guy. I still feared the worst, and seeing Mark trying to strip the pants off of Taehyung literally had me seeing red. Hoseok got to Mark first, dragging him off and kicking him in the face before the rest of us joined in, all taking out our disgust and hatred on this fucker. And yet Taehyung stopped us...

"Is he okay...?" Jimin asks as he falls into step beside me. We walk to Yoongi's car as it is closest to the forest, and crawl in. Hoseok, Taehyung, and I squish in the backseat while Jimin gets the front with Yoongi.

"I...I think so. He's still breathing deeply which is always a bonus," I reply, my eyes falling over Taehyung's beautiful, angelic, face, and full pink lips. I sigh, thinking back on all the times I hurt him, hating myself more and more for those days...for the fear I let consume me.

...

>Two Years Ago<

"Class, we have a new student joining us," the teacher chimes, yet I don't give a shit. All I wanted was to be out of this stupid school and stupid uniform, yet it is what my parents wanted. An expensive education to chain me to a future I don't want. I doodle in my notebook, not looking up as the door opens, and hesitant steps echo around the room.

"Hello everyone, my—my name is Kim Taehyung...I look forward to making friends with you..." his deep, stammering voice finally draws my attention, and I look up, gaping at the boy in the front of the class. His chestnut brown hair falls haphazardly in his face, blocking his caramel colored eyes before he shakes it out of his way. The uniform drapes over his lanky body, not fitting him properly and making him look so small even though he probably is taller than me. His lips are curled in a boxy smile, his optimism drawing me in like the sun.

Holy crap this kid is gorgeous! I think before immediately shaking my head. I can't think like that. I won't think like that.

"Jungkook, please raise your hand," the teacher says, and I frown, raising my hand slowly. I see the boy look at me, his big caramel colored eyes curious as he comes and sits next to me. The teacher starts the lecture, and I do my best to ignore her. To ignore him. Suddenly, I feel a delicate tap on my shoulder and I spin to face him.

"Hi...sorry...um...can I borrow a pencil, Jungkook? Mine just broke..." the kid stutters and I feel a smile slip across my lips for once.

"Yeah, sure," I say and he grins even wider.

"Thank you so much!" his voice is angelic, and I watch as he turns back to his work, not noticing my stares. He's so nice. So sweet...I want to be friends with him. I think it would be nice to have a friend that's not some meathead or gold digger.

"Taehyung...right?" I finally say when the bell rings and he looks up, his wide eyes and all consuming as he smiles and nods.

"That's me! What's up?" he murmurs, that bright smile on his face that I enjoy.