mike wheeler

Y/n's p.o.v

I always looked at him in the hallways. Him and his friends. What a lovely bunch they were.
He was smart. He was in a club. He had friends. He had a family who supported him.

I didn't. I had no friends. I didn't have anyone to walk down the hallways with, discussing the weather or whatever you'd talk about. I wasn't accepted into any clubs because people thought I was 'weird.' I never tried out for his club - I'd be the only girl. The only thing I had going for me was my brain. You could say I envied him, and I did of course. But there was one thing I was better at than him.

I was smarter than him.

That put a smile on my face - knowing that I would ace any test with him being a couple points behind.

At first ( when I first found out who he was ) , I thought him and the red head who I soon knew as Max were dating. They weren't.

I had never talked to him. He'd talked to me though.

He turned around and asked for a pencil once. It was weird.

But, today was the day I was going to talk to him. I was going to talk to him, and because I was really upfront and honest about my topics, I was going to tell him how I felt.

Yeah, that's right. I like him. Crazy, right? Not really, no.

I don't know how long i had liked the raven-haired boy, but those feelings were strong.

So, it was now after school. I grabbed everything from my locker, -which was only a couple down from his - and glanced around to make sure nobody noticed. Especially Troy and his friends. I'd get bullied for weeks, I could already hear their voices.

"Ha! Ha! The ugly one is stalking frog face!"

I sighed, awkwardly shuffling over to him and his friends who stood at his locker, chatting and laughing.

No one seemed to notice me, they all kept talking, so I coughed to get their attention.

I didn't realize it, but the curly-headed boy turned around and smiled at me. I averted my eyes.

"Uh... Mike?" I asked quietly, and his eyes flicked to mine. I stood, frozen in place.

He raised an eyebrow, wanting to know what I needed him for, "Hi. What's up?"

I bit my lip, not knowing what to do, "Uh.. could I um... talk to you?"

Mike glanced at his friends, shrugging, "Yeah."

But he didn't move. Neither did his friends. I sighed, "Alone?"

The dark-skinned one who wore a bandana gasped, "Alone?! Be careful, Mike! The demogorgan!"

The rest of them laughed, finding it funny, but I had no clue what they were talking about.

Mike nodded, brushing his friend off, "Of course. Uh... here.." he moved away and led me to a classroom, fumbling with the handle before pulling it open and letting me in first.

I didn't look at him as I entered, but instead kept my eyes ahead of me and went to stand next to the teachers desk.

He came and stood in front of me, and I could tell he didn't know what to do with his arms, so he held them in front of him, his fingers lacing together.

I bent my head down, "Uh, well, I needed to talk to you about something. It's crazy really,"I gave an awkward laugh.

Mike nodded, signaling for me to continue.
"Well, I mean it's crazy because we barely know each other, but... Mike... I...." I sighed, looking up at him again, wanting to know his facial expression.

It was impatient.

"Shit." I mumbled, "Look, Mike, I like you okay! I don't know why, either. It's really weird and it's uncomfortable."

I didn't look at him this time, but I didn't get a reply, so I nodded to myself, "I should go."

I walked past him, but his hand encircled around my wrist, pulling me back.

I was shocked, and it looked like he was too.

"Uhm, I'm sorry. I just... you're nice, ya know? I wanna get to know you more." He mumbled.

My jaw almost fell to the floor, "What are you saying, Mike?"

"Y/n, I think I like you too."