prologue

kjn's pov.

"It's good to be back again."

With my gummy smile, I stated that sentence to one of the producers for the event in Thailand and bodyguard who were sitting next to me on an international flight. It really felt good to be back on the field of proper and hectic schedules for my dream job.

It's been years now but it never failed to amaze me on how much I've grown as a model and simply an individual.

"We're glad to be back on the road again too, Ms. Kim." The producer that sat next to me replied with a polite smile and a slight bow. My bodyguard bowed as well.

We chatted for awhile until the producer suggested that I should take a video on a go-pro to provide interactions with the fans, and said that it will be featured on my Jennie Diaries on Youtube. I agreed since my fans will never be replaced by anything else in this world. They deserve the best and so I will do my best to give back the love that they've given me and to what they deserve.

I sat on my designated airplane seat number of Flight 127 flying to Bangkok, Thailand. I decided to just ride this type of seat instead of having the premium ones, just to look like I was a normal person riding a plane. I liked the idea of sharing my skills in modeling but little did I know how my skills gained such popularity for myself. Being in the spotlight was fine with me but my manager in Korea, Chahee, was suggesting on riding in the first class section, but I kind of wanted here for some reasons. So, here I was, happily boarded the plane since I get to have a window seat, yay!

I was still not over knowing the fact that I met the person behind those emails, proving that she was still alive. Maybe there were reasons why but I still can't believe that I get to have an encounter with her, socially and physically.

Sighing and plugging on my airpods, I opened my phone and pressed shuffle on my music library.

The song playing was called Hope Not by this band named Blackpink. Wow, it immediately had some weird connections to my emotions.

I sit by the window where cool air blows
I think of you while looking at the far sky

It's quite ironic that I'm here up in the skies but I still couldn't get ahold of you. No one or nothing has ever occupied my thoughts except you, Lalisa Manoban.

I must be a fool who can't be helped
Even when the four seasons change, I don't

Call me a hopeless romantic but she was my first everything. My first crush, my first love, and my first dance, and many more. Out of all the firsts that I've had with her, what I want is to do endless things that wouldn't be specifically counted, as long as she's with me. No one will have the ability to change the direction of where my heart directs; like a fool, I can't be helped. When we saw each other at the comfort room, my heart was frantically beating fast, that I had the urge to kiss you in an instant. Feelings don't ever change in the domain of Jennie Kim.

They say there's no point in regretting but
I'll keep thinking of you (I was wrong)

Even if things get really ugly and the chance of being with her gets smaller and smaller as time passes by, I will always keep in mind and in my heart, the memories that brought us together as one.

I will smile if I see you as if nothing happened

If loving you from afar meant loving you still, I will just do that in order for my heart to feel love on a daily basis.

For you I'm okay with being hurt
Since I only gave you pain during the time we were together

We've had a tremendous relationship in the past and undoubtedly, we've had fights like it's raining cats and dogs. Believe me, I kept on staying, even if there was plenty of reasons to leave.

But you, the love you want
You need to meet someone better than me and be happy

I always pray for miracles, even if I was busy with my occupation of modeling. I prayed that I will accidentally meet you again and spend the rest of my life with you, even if hurting was in the contract of loving.

But I hope not to the point where you forget me

I remembered, you were the one who left. You were the first one who broke my heart, Lisa Manoban.

Man, this is going to be a long journey for me

----
A/N: what's good y'all! It's really good to be back! I hope you'll stick to this one. Here's the part one of the prologue! ❤️