chapter 1

kjn.

"Welcome to Thailand, Ms. Jennie Kim!"

A cheerful and welcoming voice snapped me back to reality, as I realized that I was in Thailand. The birthplace and country of the first and last person that I want to spend my whole life with but sadly suddenly vanished into thin air.

Harshly, without any notice.

Following the voice, a tall, gorgeous and blonde woman stood in front of me with such charisma. "Hello! Thank you so much for the warm welcome. You must be Park Chaeyoung?"

Her nod was matched with a charming smile and offered a hand for me to shake. "Yes ma'am! Also your manager for your whole stay in Thailand. Sawadheeka!"

I suddenly remembered someone who would always run up to me and say that, making it as a joke and reason for me to laugh and smile but wait, I remembered. I kissed her earlier. Incheon Airport at five in the morning.

I kissed here with full passion to prove her existence.

---

Flashback/Rationale Epilogue: Lisa's POV

It was surprisingly quiet in the comfort room, since it was just five in the morning, the sun was not yet up for its rising. I went to one of the cubicles and took a pee so I wouldn't have my bladder on full tank later on the airplane that will have six hours of travel. Going outside and walking straight to the sink to wash my hands, I was being pinned up against the wall by someone and the next thing I knew were pair of lips being smashed onto mine.

This random stranger kissed me for a few seconds, and because of stupidity, I felt myself kissing back too, before pulling back because something felt familiar.

"You cannot go away from me that easily, Manoban."

I opened my eyes and saw the person. Holy shit, it was really her! Jennie Ruby Jane fucking Kim.

"Slap me." I ordered her out of nowhere and she did it too.

"What was that for?" She said and pouted like a baby.

"To check if I'm dreaming right now or not." I sighed and closed my eyes as she slowly nodded.

"Why did you do that for?" I was the one to ask her this time in panic, the both of us were already red from shyness and embarassment.

"I just wanted to check if you're dead or alive." She said while looking at her nails, that looked like freshly done yesterday. I can't believe she did that to me, in this vulnerable state of mine and at this time in the morning.

I touched my lips and saw how red they were at the mirror. "Am I good?"

"Really good," I replied out of nowhere and she giggled. "I mean, no."

This Busan girl pouted and pinned me again. "Yah! Where were you these past few months, Manoban?

---

I smiled, trying to match the energy she's giving me but something's just off. Also, I wanted to just forget as if the past didn't matter, I thought it was just jet-lag or something but it was not. I remembered everything that happened back in Seoul. It was a painful yet memorable moment since I got to prove that she's alive. Nevertheless, Lisa and I wouldn't have the chance to talk again since I know she's going to hide after what happened. I really just wanted to shake it off but this is Thailand. Thailand gave me a different meaning of the same person who wanted me to make it feel like home. But, home felt so far yet so close. Home has never been close to my arms, to my feelings, and to my heart for a very long time.